I have always wanted to have four kids. After growing up in a plus-size family, I thought that four would be a very manageable number to aim for. I like things to match which is great because I now have two boys to go along with my two girls. I like having a pair of planters on my front doorstep, a lamp on either side of my bed, and pretty much all my home decorating is done in twos as well. Don't I just sound organized and neat? I'm not. But, I do put a lot of thought and planning into the things that are important to me.....there just seems to be a bit of a disconnect when it comes to how they actually turn out versus what I had previously envisioned. This may not be totally apparent to those who have only seen the end product of my attempts in window treatment design, hair bows, dress-making, flower arranging, and of course blogging. Just know that behind each final successful venture, there have been many many messy failures leading up to it. I am really trying to remember this as I go about fulfilling my dream of being a mother of four. Things are going to be messy for a while. Very messy. And it is probably going to get worse before it gets better. I just hope that my end products will turn out well......even if they aren't what I have envisioned inside my head. My master plan didn't include 2 hour shopping trips to Costco, my kids taking a potty break in the bushes outside the Post Office (all public buildings need restrooms!), me nursing in the car while simultaneously watching my daughter pee her pants and my son play baseball, or me turning into the crazy cleaning lady who talks to herself while picking up discarded items throughout our house. Nope, not in the plan. But I also couldn't have possibly imagined how great it would feel to see my kids curled up with a good book, make a great play on the baseball/soccer field, give me the best hugs, giggle uncontrollably at each other, or say something extremely intelligent. I have to admit that life is pretty good......even when things go south, which they do quite often.......life is still pretty good.
Here are a few attempts at getting a good picture of the kids after our big family photo op.......
4 comments:
I love this post. I can so completely relate to each word. I am currently in a place where I wonder on a near daily basis if I'll make it to three kids (two was super hard... post-pardon) and I have to remind myself all the time that it is okay that I don't have it all figured out right now because master plans never work out the way you plan them any way. I just know that I want to be happy and healthy (which I am now) and that I don't need to put pressure on myself (which I do anyway).
Those dresses are so cute...Amy Butler fabric, right? You are such an amazing person. I have always loved your down-to-earth, make it fun attitude toward life and I am so grateful that the blogging world makes it possible for us to connect in such a personal way, even if it is only through words and pictures.
Okay, this post kinda scared me and inspired me. I hope that I can do the four kid thing. Keep blogging. I love reading your blog.
Ya I can SOOOO relate to this post for sure. You are already ahead of me. I am still in the VERY messy adding a new one to the mix phase. I am sure it will get messier before it gets better but I too hope that the end product is good! You kids are SUPER cute. I love the dresses! You ARE amazing!
I saw your comment on The Meanest Mom and I like your blog too!
Congrats on # 4, I stopped at one and am 44 but wish I'd had at least one more.
oh well, it's all good.
Post a Comment