Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hi, My Name is Halle


This is my sweet little almost four-year old girl, Halle. She is a girly-girl who doesn't mind getting dirty or playing with bugs. She loves to sing, read stories, watch her favorite shows, swim in the pool, and play dress-up. She also has developed quite a little temper now that she isn't the baby anymore. She likes to tell me that I am the meanest ever and that I am not the boss of her. She leaves a trail in her wake the likes of which I have never seen before with overturned bins, dumped games, discarded clothing, and trails of broken crayons as far as the eye can see. I love this little girl. Really, I do. But, sheesh! She is testing my patience these days. This recent photo I am sharing is proof that when she says she needs to go potty......it means NOW. Not in a few minutes. Not after the baby has been fed. NOW. Since the game was only in inning three and I had nothing to change her into, I told her to go and roll around in the dirt. But instead, she ran straight for the bleachers and gave me the opportunity to convince all the parents that I should win mom of the year. Nobody laughed. Or offered to help. They were too focused on the game.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lydia said...

I love to read about the hardcore parents not even phased by situation. She is definitely a cutie!

Amy Eagleston said...

She is so cute. I think that summer has reached the point where kids and parents have lost all patience with one another and we begin to look forward to a little structure...At least that is how I feel.

Reese said...

Amy-you are so right. I am counting down the days until school starts. I can't get anything done.