Friday, November 14, 2008

Emma lemma bo bemma


I need to do a little update on all my kids since the "real" purpose of this blog is to record important events.....such as my growing children.

This is Emma, closet diva, and wanna-be superstar.

She is kind of loving all things High School Musical this year.  She was Gabriella for Halloween and I have caught her many times putting on "performances" in her room.  This is BIG for her because in the past she has been a bit reserved and slow to let it all hang out. 
She loves first grade.  Loves her teacher, school lunch, recess, chasing boys at recess, new friends, and birthday parties.  She went roller skating at a recent party and loved it.
She had a great year playing U8 soccer, scored lots of goals, improved her footwork and speed, and really enjoys being out on the field.
Her team made it to the State Cup this year......
Halle really does look up to her big sister......at least when they aren't fighting over polly pockets or Webkinz accessories.

She and Jordan could not be more different but they have bonded over their shared sports drills and love of Lego Indiana Jones on the Wii. 

This is her Christmas list.  Maybe Santa can figure out how to make her "bruthr be nis"
Oh, and she FINALLY learned how to ride her bike.  We are always a bit slow in that department but thank heavens for dads.  I think I attempted to teach her on 10 different occasions.......and this happened after about five minutes.

She is playing basketball on a 2nd/3rd grade girls team and is rocking it.  She can do a 
 lay-up from the left and right, and can dribble better than I ever could.  

Some other things about Emma:

*She has the BEST laugh, especially when she really lets loose.
*She DOES NOT LIKE WEARING SWEATER VESTS.  (especially the darling argyle one with matching knee socks I bought her for school this year) I die a little inside every time I see it hanging in her closet.
*Still loves Webkinz and wants them ALL for Christmas this year.
*She is NOT a girlie-girl and would much rather be playing video games with the boys or being rowdy and loud than playing with barbies.
*Loves to draw, write letters/songs, and "make" stuff
*She CANNOT do "baby talk" to Eli.  She tries but when saying things like, "Awww, cute little baby", she sounds like a chain-smoking 90-year-old woman.
* She is working hard on her goal to read the Book of Mormon before she turns eight.
* She has really come out of her shell this year and is becoming more outgoing, confident, and bold in social situations.   I know I give Travis a hard time about the sports thing but I have become a believer after watching Emma's confidence skyrocket as her skills develop.
*She is my running buddy and I love how she opens up to me when we go.  She can do two miles without breaking a sweat and when I try to send her home while I finish my last mile or two, she says, "Mom, I am tired but I really just want to keep going",  Hmmmmm, wonder which side of the family she got that from.  (not mine!)

I
love 
this 
girl

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh, I love kids writing and their phonetic spelling...my favorite is "that swimming dog on TV" or something like that. How funny! Treasure this one.

Lydia said...

I love getting to know you as a mom, Sharese. That was so much fun to read, and what a cute girl. I am so impressed that she can run two miles with you and still want to keep going! Amazing.

La said...

I think Emma and Daph would be great friends. They are in to all the same stuff (except I am still way lame and don't allow video games at my house). Emma is a beauty and it sounds like she is going to be a heck of an athlete.

Amy Eagleston said...

You are such an awesome mom. I love that you run with your kids. They are going to treasure those memories forever.