I took a little road trip this weekend to East Lansing, Michigan...home of the MSU Spartans, to be there for my younger brother's graduation. It was quite an adventure getting up there (supposed to be 5 hours but ended up more like 7) with my two youngest and me. Travis stayed home with Jordan and Emma since they had multiple games and practices to attend.
Josh is smart. Very smart. He earned his doctorate in the nuclear physics department specializing in radiation oncology.......or something like that. And he was on scholarship with salary while he was there. I haven't been able to come and visit him until now and always pictured him working on this "cyclotron thing" he kept telling me about in some small room with a cylinder shaped machine. Funny how things aren't always the way you picture them in your head.
Here is a diagram of the thing (which takes up a building the size of a football field) He gave me a tour of the entire place and explained how it works. I think I remember something about isotopes, nucleus, waves, magnetivity, jibbity jumbo mumbo mooshka whatzit. Anyways, it is very impressive and his program is ranked 2nd (behind M.I.T.) in the country. Did I mention that my brother is smart? And available? Ladies?
He built this thing and it does something very cool.
I think I just found a cure for cancer.
His advisor hosted a party in his honor and we got to meet a lot of his friends and colleagues.
Halle even made a friend! (excuse my picture quality......I read on PW photography tips that she never uses a flash. I tried that but I am thinking that there may be a bit more involved than just turning off my flash....)
Congratulations Josh! I am super proud of you and secretly jealous that you took all the smart genes in the family.
6 comments:
Yay! josh is the freakin man! I wish I could have been there!
Congrats Josh! Very cool and very smart.
Where is he going to live? I have a very smart and also available sister in law! Masters degree from Harvard.
Wow, I'm very impressed! Congrats Josh!
Props to Josh! I'm sure he loved having your helping hands there -you look quite official with your gloves and mask.
Oh that Josh. Wow he is smart isn't he. Sharese I crack of reading your blog. PW's no flash comment too funny. I will even admit that is a hard one.
PS how did Josh get so brilliant?
Post a Comment