Friday, October 30, 2009

Halle and the ice cream truck

Photobucket

Had to share a funny Halle story before I forget.

This summer Halle was completely obsessed with the ice cream truck that drove through our neighborhood. She would burst through the front door at breakneck speed whenever she heard the music playing, and run around our cul-de-sac along with the truck as it drove by. I tried to convince her of the poor quality and high prices, and how we had even better treats in our freezer but she was not easily deterred. Before we knew it, it was the end of the summer and she had still not actually bought anything from the ice cream man. She received some money from her great-grandparents for her birthday.....in the form of $2 bills. We finally relented and told her that the next time the truck came around, she could use some of her money to buy herself a treat.
For the next few days, she kept her money handy so she could get to it at a moment's notice. We were all excited for her when we heard the familiar tune faintly playing outside one night after dinner. She frantically raced to her money and got out the door in record time. She ran her regular route alongside the ice cream truck as it turned the circle at the end of our street, waiting for it to stop and fulfill her fondest wish........ Spongebob ice cream on a stick. Unfortunately, the ice cream man failed to see that this time, she was serious.
She meant business.
 The driver, being the seasoned pro that he was,  just gave her a casual wave as usual and kept right on driving. As he drove away, she could be heard screaming at the top of her lungs with her hands waving high in the air,
"STOOOOOOOP! I HAVE MONEY THIS TIME!!! I HAVE MONEY!!!"

Poor girl. She was so sad. But she will be ready in the spring, I'm sure of it.

3 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

That is so sad and funny. What a cutie!

Brett and Amy said...

Oh. My. Goodness. That might be the saddest story ever, though I could hardly retell it to Brett I was lauging so hard. She is so dang cute! Love the picture too!

La said...

I hate the ice cream and I love that story. Halle is a beauty with spunk.