Wednesday, November 11, 2009

flu shots

Unlike most children in this country,
my kids normally get their flu shots
over the summer.
Photobucket

Photobucket
They just come in a different form for us. Instead of a needle or nasal mist, we
rely on good old fashioned dirt to repel most infectious disease.
Honestly, we have been baseball field residents from April until August
for the last several years and I strongly encourage my kids to embrace
the filth for the good of their health.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Dirty old sunflower seeds? Check. Slimy scaly reptiles? Check.
Red baseball dirt and stinky equipment?? Checkity check.
So far, so good.

(knocking on wood at the end of this post)

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I like how Halle is holding as much as she possibly can in the first picture. They are so funny, nothing does the body better than some good old dirt its herbal mom said ;)

La said...

I think it totally works. But just so you know you don't have to go to 90 baseball games to find dirt. They usually have it at, well pretty much anywhere. I happen to have a lot inside my house. ;)

Amy Eagleston said...

I love it when kids get all messy. I have a bunch of pics of my boys jumping in mud puddles in Driggs and they are some of my favorite ever. Also, George at a booger while he was standing on the stand during the primary program last week. It was awesome.

Savage said...

That was Awesome!

Tiffany said...

That is great! Maybe we should just try it your way...flu shots didn't seem to work for us!

Brett and Amy said...

Yesterday Brett told me I'd reached a high point in my life. Cohen said he was hungry and I handed him a half eaten box of popcorn that I had just found outside on the porch from the day before's b-day party with many kids. So flu shot shmoo shot. And again, knock on wood.