It is basketball season around here. Our schedule has been a bit crazy with Jordan and Emma both having two practices a week, always at different schools and on different days. I had to laugh when I went to pick up Jordan last week after his practice. I walked into the gym and the boys were playing shirts and skins! It was so funny to see 10 year old scrawny-chested boys running up and down the court. It was a moment. You know those moments where you realize your kid is growing up right before your eyes? Silly, but I had to put it on the record that it happened for the first time.
They also ran ladders, or suicides, as they call them these days, while holding their basketballs above their heads. Is it possible that I have a kid old enough to be doing this?
(forgive the blurry phone pics)

I ran into some baseball friends at the game and was laughing because things don't change much for me. I am still chasing kids on the sideline, fighting off snack bar requests, attempting to watch the game, and keeping Eli off of the court while Travis coaches. These Fritos got me through the 1st quarter without having to do a mad dash across mid-court to catch this runaway baby........unfortunately, the next three were not so good.





2 comments:
Does Travis coach every sport? That is so awesome.
Suweet! I'm missing you over here. I'm going through all-our-company's-gone withdrawl over here and my skype isn't working.
Post a Comment