Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas catch-up

I don't even know where to begin. I am glad
that I thought to snap a few pictures during the
month of December because it is all blurring
together at this point. I blame it on all the
holiday traveling we did. But I will get to that
in a later post.....maybe

Photobucket
We had a little elf visiting our house to observe my children and their nearly
angelic behavior. His name is Eli, so naturally our not-so-
little-Eli spent some time on the shelf as well.

Photobucket
One of my most favorite parts about Christmas is getting
cards from all our friends and family. Taping them on the
back of a door is about as fancy as we get, but we love
love love them. Eli had a favorite card (Talbot boys in
scout unis??), he ripped it off of the door on a daily
basis and carried it around until Halle frantically
chased him down and got it back where it belonged.

Photobucket
Christmas morning was crazy early fun. We got the kids up at 6 am to open
presents so we could rush to the aiport at nine for the first group
headed to Phoenix. I only got these two shots of Em and Eli with their
favorite gifts before they left. (Good Job G + G Stoker!)
Em has been dying to get her own sewing machine and Santa
also surprised her with a guitar. Both are great gifts, but I
failed to think of all the parental involvement each will
require. Need. more. time.

Photobucket
Halle spent countless hours making and wrapping gifts
for all of us. She is so sweet. She asked for a "workshop"
and this is what I came up with. More holiday sewing
details here.

Photobucket
Santa also brought this furry little creature to join
in on the fun. "Bugsy" was a big hit for all but one
member of the family.......any guesses who?
Also a big hit, Ralphie's new air-soft gun. He has
been begging for this one for a while and the grandparents
came through for him. I have gotten quite good at
lecturing about the dangers of shooting eyes out and
never aiming at his sisters and I felt confident that
he would be responsible...........until I got beaned
in the backside this morning several times by my dear
husband. in front of the kids. good thing I have
extra padding in that area.

And finally, we drew names every week during the
month of December and then were supposed to
do "secret" nice things for each other. It wasn't one
of our more stellar years for this tradition.

Photobucket
I think this note left on my nightstand pretty much
sums up our efforts. It's the thought that counts, right?

5 comments:

Becky said...

I sure hope you are saving all of these notes Emma writes. That is CLASSIC! My kids say stuff like that all the time. Just wish I could get it in writing! :)

Amy Eagleston said...

That note is awesome! I want to see more pics of the "workshop". You are so talented and your kids are way cute!

Sina said...

Love, love, love the workshop - way to go Sharese. Emma's note really makes me laugh - it is definitely the thought that counts - plus all the laughter along the way!! I'm with Becky - save these notes for future blackmail opportunities!

www.ackfam4.blogspot.com said...

your kids are hilarious- love that note from emma

Brett and Amy said...

After Emma's note, can't remember the rest of the post. Hilarious! I think I'm going to start using that line around the house. Clean laundry in your drawer? "Don't go thinking that you did it all by yourself". Love it.
PS
It must be my computer, still can't see the right side of your blog so I'm missing out on the workshop. You can't dangle something so close in front but not let me see it. I'll go check your otro blogo. I'm sure you're all updated, right?