Sunday, January 24, 2010

talent show

So my kids' school hosted a talent show this past
weekend. And, I have got to say that there really isn't anything
quite as entertaining as what I witnessed on that stage.
Originally, Emma considered singing along to one
of her favorite Taylor Swift songs. Fortunately,
we were able to convince her to do a joint act
with her brother. (Good thing, since there were
about 10 acts centered on songs by Taylor, Miley, or
Hannah Montana........and those were the ones
who made it past try-outs)
Please take a moment
to envision several female group numbers in matching
outfits (...naturally w/leopard leggings & side ponytails)
all performing synchronized moves to go along
with the words from "Party in the U.S.A." or
"You Belong with Me".
It rocked.

What ever happened to the singing chins
of my day? Only those of you from my 80's
generation of road shows/family talent exhibitions
will know what I am talking about. I am thinking
of bringing it back next year.........now that Alvin
and the Chipmunks are cool again.

Here is what we came up with. We wanted them
to demonstrate a few of their dribbling skills but
it is not too exciting to just stand there and bounce a
basketball. Hence, a little music and friendly
competition to spice things up a bit.
The routine wasn't perfect........that comes from
limited late-night practices in the kitchen, but I
thought they did a fine job. (Even if they started
a school-wide pantsing epidemic)


And just so you can get a taste of the other goodness
we got to enjoy, here is a talented dancer performing
to "Boom Boom Pow" (another popular song from the night)
The real humor comes from our exclusive view behind
the curtain......the kid from the stage crew just couldn't help
himself. Mr. Roboto is my fave too.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

That is great! I guess it's been a while since I've seen the kids dribble, they were awesome! Props to the mom for choreographing the cute act!

Amy Eagleston said...

That was super cute. I loved it. So cleaver and original!

La said...

Okay that kid behind the curtain had me laughing out loud. Wow. And Jordan and Emma have got the skills to pay the bills!!!! yah!

amy16 said...

Thank you for that late night giggle. That kid behind the curtain is hilarious. Could hear Trav laughing too?

And you kids are so cute. Good job mom.

fishey15 said...

oh my gosh - that was the cutest! Especially the ending!

Becky said...

I needed that this morning! See, you do have performers after all! I just don't understand how you were able to get them to work together. I don't think we could ever pull off something like that!

Raw Redskins said...

that is hilarious oh my gosh that kid reminds me a Reed. Emma and Jordan surprised me good grief they sure are confident to do that stuff, and they did so good I can't believe how good they are at dribbling good job Travis!

Sina said...

I like the sibling love and support - how they go off stage arm in arm!! They are talented and they love each other!!