Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hallelujah!

It is finally that time of year again......the most wonderful time.  Our kids got out two weeks early in the spring and then went back two weeks late due to construction going on at the high school.  It has been a very long summer!  I put together a little celebration video to share.....you may not appreciate it if you get teary-eyed when your kids get on the bus (we've had plenty-o-time to work through those emotions).  Things of note:  
Jordan (5th grade):  school wardrobe consists of athletic shorts and t-shirts he collected this summer at baseball tournaments......easy!

Emma (3rd grade):  back to school buys include a "messenger bag" (far cooler than any old backpack), and pretty much every shirt we could find that was emblazoned with a dog.  More on that later.

Horrible-Head-Wound-Halle (1st grade):  scraped off half of her face doing a back flip into the pool last week, perfect timing for school!  She now resembles Groucho Marx and several other key historical figures...

Eli is now the only child at home during the day.......he is really excited about the upcoming post-summer cleaning frenzy (ha!), and I am sure we will have some fun every now and then too. 

 I have had at least one kid in half-day preschool/kindergarten for the past 8 years so I am celebrating a little scheduling freedom.  Other than being more organized, helping at the school, and doing a few projects here and there, I have big plans to have fun with the little guy.  He is growing up too fast!   

Happy Back to School to all!!

(click over to youtube to watch this for much better quality)

8 comments:

amy16 said...

I am glad to hear that I'm not the only mom that threw a party that school was back in session. I don't admit it to too many people.

Amy Eagleston said...

That video was awesome! Seriously, I loved it. I also liked the two things of Clorox wipes in Halle's backpack :)

Savage said...

Dude, you are my favorite mom ever!

Chessa @ Antsi-Pants said...

Awesome! I love Eli at the end. So sad.

La said...

I am laughing out loud and I have tears rolling down my face. I love that Eli is crying and you are cheering. Happy Fall my fellow mother of four.

Lydia said...

I have all sorts of emotions going on after watching that. First, I am so impressed that you even came up with a video like that. Seriously very, very impressed. Second, I think you are absolutely hilarious. I love the cheer at the end. Third, although I feel very bad for cute little Halle's injury, I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one who sent my child to school like that. Anna fell off her bed a few nights before school and went to school with a larger-than-life bruise on her forehead that I thought for sure would have brought social services to my door. Fourth, Eli's reaction was so heartbreakingly adorable that I laughed right out loud at the poor little guy. Lastly, holy cow, you have an astronomical amount of kids in your neighborhood! There were a lot of kids at that stop! I'm very jealous. We unknowingly moved into a rental home placed right in the middle of a senior community. It's very, very quiet around here, and that's not a good thing I've realized.

Anyway, Happy Back to School back at you! Have fun with Eli. I'm home all day with Sam, and we both absolutely love it!

Brett and Amy said...

Awesome. I just sent my 4 off today (let the cleaning frenzy begin) so loving the Hallelujah music. Eli's so sad, made me want to cry. Also, loved that you were cheering before the bus had even driven off, sweetness. See you are a superstar. Not only were your kids dressed and ready with all requested clorox supplies, you even made a memorable movie, AND posted it in a timely fashion. I bow at your feet and would love to come spend some of your free time. Cincy may be back on the table.

Sina said...

I nearly peed my pants laughing - though I did pause for a moment of sadness for poor Eli. Zac suffered the same fate! I kind of think the two fisted pumping action as the bus was driving was a little too celebratory!!! It sure does feel great to have them back in session.