This is a picture heavy post.........mainly for the grandparents, you know? My kids were so good to me this year when it came to costumes. Not a character or princess in sight, and I couldn't have been happier.
Eli went as his hero, the garbage man. This kid just cannot get enough when it comes to waste management. He could spend hours watching videos on youtube of trash pickup. Seriously, type in "garbage trucks" next time you are on youtube and you can catch a glimpse of what is constantly streaming at our house.
The name of our trash company is "Rumpke".....had to be authentic to the region and all.
Halle and a friend have been planning on being old ladies for a while and it was fun to put her look together. I found a housecoat and walker from Goodwill and my good friend came up with the glasses and wigs.......they were quite a hit.
Em was torn between going as a gangster/rapper or a hippie. I think she chose wisely as the only grillz I could find for her teeth said "PIMP" across the front........highly inappropriate for an 8-year-old girl, I think. Her only exposure to gangster-rappers is from Oliver on Hannah Montana......so I don't think she really knew what she was talking about which is just fine by me.
At the last minute, Jordan decided to go as Tupac........remember him? He wouldn't allow any other photos due to some serious gang rivalries going on in our area.
Okay okay, I am only kidding. He really just went as "army guy" but the resemblance is uncanny, no? (And, to my local friends who have daughters that go to school with Jordan. He does not appreciate any references to photos of him on this blog and so can you refrain from sharing with said daughters so I may continue to include him in my posting?? Thanks:)
Hope you all had a great time! We are down to one bucket of candy that will be finding another good home shortly....Happy Halloween!










4 comments:
Awesome costumes all around but my favorite has to be the old lady. Seriously funny stuff!
Halle wins. That is funny.
LOVED Eli's costume, then I got to Halle's -laughed out loud. Sweet costumes. This is what Halloween is supposed to be. I tried to explain it to the yahoos over here, but no one was listening. Costumes must have blood spurting, eyeball dangling, guts trailing, you get the picture. Cohen was told by his teacher he couldn't be a ninja because it wasn't a scary costume. I remember last year some of the younger kids at school (2,3, 4 yr olds) were crying when they saw the 3rd graders. It's a pity really. But back to your costumes...Wonderful. I need to remember to send a pic I took especially for Eli. The garbage "truck" in Venice. My kids just watched and watched as the boat retrieved garbage. Um, this is turning into more of a long story than a comment. Sorry. Haven't had my English fill for the day. I'll email you later. Feel free to delete this after reading -bit embarassing length.
I laughed right out loud looking at Eli's costume! Did he pull the garbage bin while trick-or-treating??? I would have given that boy my entire bowl if he came to my door. And don't get me started with Halle. I love it!!! She had every detail down even the funky ankles. Absolutely hilarious. I'm impressed with the creativity behind all the costumes. We failed miserably in our household. We were pretty much the typical halloween cliche walking down the street.
Post a Comment