Monday, February 11, 2008

Tum, Tum, Tum, Tum.........TUM!

Costco or bust! Okay, so I took my monthly trip to Costco recently(monthly is the goal....but I seem to always go back far more often) I am very excited because I found the new Leapfrog DVD called "Code Word Caper" It is awesome because it teaches a lot of cool tricks for new readers about things like silent E and long/short vowels, blends, etc. I know this is a small thing to be excited about but I have been trying to drill these rules into my Kindergartener's head for the past few months and it was amazing how it all came together after a 28 minute video. So I highly recommend this and any other DVD by Leapfrog.......Elmo has nothin on Professor Quigley! Also, just as equally exciting was that I actually made it out of the store for under $100 which is a feat unto itself. Granted, I had no kids with me so I didn't have to walk out the door with random, unnecessary items in bulk, overdone churros, or mega-sized hot dogs. Ahhhh, now if only they would get rid of the flat-topped milk, I would be a happy woman.

On another note, my son Jordan, suddenly asked for Twinkies in his lunch this week which brought a large dilemma in my mind.........I mean, we all had them in our lunches when we were growing up and they didn't cause too much harm, right? I have to say that I haven't had one since elementary school and it was nostalgic and at the same time somewhat painful to buy a box now that I know what is actually in them. Jordan did mention that they were the very best for trading so hopefully he is getting something good in return like maybe, fresh cut fruit or a bologna sandwich, one can only hope~
The third trimester heartburn has begun........I had to go out and purchase an industrial sized container of Tums this weekend so that I can get some sleep! I also have this very strange obsessive craving for baby carrots which I suppose is better than chocolate except for the fact that there is no guilt involved with the carrots........but it is still shocking to see that I have gone through a very large bag of them in X number of days. I am guessing that the orange hue my skin has taken on is mostly due to the amount of gradual tanning lotion I have been using and hopefully not from the carrot-consumption!


1 comment:

510Jen said...

Oh how I love Leap frog videos. No need to teach our kids they just some how get it after these. How did you leave Costco under $100 you are amazing.