Monday, March 3, 2008

Sunshine!!!!






The sun finally came out of hiding for a few hours this afternoon so we got some much needed outdoor playtime. The kids were so happy to get their bikes down and have some free play rather than our usual scheduled practices. I am hoping that the weather holds but am not crossing my fingers........after all, this is Cincinnati! We seem to get a crazy mix of weather coming from all sides so you never know what it will be like, unless of course it is any time from June until August which is only HOT and HUMID. It has been a while since we have all ventured outdoors and I think I may have shocked a few neighbors who were not aware of my impending delivery from the stork:) It was so great to see all the kids out and about on walks, bike rides, and all the neighborhood joggers reappearing. I can't wait to RUN again!! Please remind me that I said this when I am feeling slow and sluggish as I attempt to get back in shape this summer..........














I am so excited that after scouring my fave websites for the baby bedding that I have been looking for....I finally found it on eBay for a sweet deal!! So I can actually begin getting the nursery ready now that I have some colors to base it on. I want to paint the room a dark chocolate brown~I am loving that color right now........I will update as we get things underway. Kind of hard to tell but its got blues, greens, and browns to work with, I would love some suggestions! For some reason I am feeling very crafty at the moment, it must be those raging hormones pulsing through my ever growing body. I found the cutest dresses for little girls on Shabby Apple's website and since they don't carry Emma's size, I thought....Hey, I can totally make something like that. So I may be having delusional thoughts, especially since I have NEVER made clothing before (unless you count the Webkinz wardrobe we have going) I have bad memories of homemade clothes growing up.....but in my mother's defense, it was the eighties and leggings with baggy sweatshirts didn't do anyone any favors! I went out and found some cute Amy Butler fabric and a few patterns so it should be quite the adventure. To all my talented sewing friends.........you may be getting a call for help very soon!


4 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with. I always do the traditional letters of the child's name on the wall and then some sort of character theme (George has Curious George and Charlie has Babar the elephant and hot air balloons) probably not a lot of help but that is all I have to offer.

510Jen said...

Send some of that good weather our way. Oh Sharese when I read you were going to sew some clothes I immediately thought of Darlene, then I kept reading and found out the only thing you have sewn is webkinz things, I am shocked. Raging hormones can bring the craftiness out in all of us. Adoreable baby bedding. Pottery Barn always pulling through with the great stuff.

Brett and Amy said...

We're lovin' the sunshine over here too, and I'm very excited for your projects. I'm not in crafty mode so I'll live vicariously through you. Cute bedding and fabric!

Hensley Clan said...

Sharese I love that bedding. I was actually going to do it for Ethan's room. So cute!!!