I love hearing my kids' impressions on the things that they "hear", I have even been guilty of purposely NOT correcting them.........at least until the funniness has worn off. Travis strongly disagrees with me on this and is constantly correcting our kids' grammar and pronunciation but I tend to let it go for a little while. Halle's latest mispronunciations have been "Machos" for nachos~which are one of her favorite foods and "Thumblebees" for her tumblebees tumbling class. So I love hearing her ask (sometimes on an hourly basis) "Mom, are we ready for thumblebees? We need to hurry because Miss Samia is waiting for me!" and "I need some machos for lunch..." A while ago, Emma came home from her friend's house all worked up because her friend kept talking about his "Mamaw" and Emma had gotten in an argument with him over whether or not Grandmas are Mammals.....we still laugh when we hear him talking about his "Mammal" as Emma heard it. We are also working on how Halle interprets smiling for a picture.....either she smiles and looks at the ground or gets this painful looking grin/glare whenever a camera points in her direction. There is a hereditary link to my brother, Josh, who at 29 years old, still cannot smile for a picture without looking like he is in pain~
Saturday, March 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm with you. They can ask for a ganilla (granola) bar for as long as they want. Hale's too cute! We have smiling issues at our house too, especially Shmee. Oh, and I amended my post for you.
Sorry I spelled Halle's name wrong, but hey now your comment numbers just went up.
Halle was doing so good with smiling I thought you were going to get lucky with her, Emma is hard enough to get to smilel
Post a Comment