Deadlines have always been a good thing for me because although I don't consider myself a total procrastinator, there's nothing like a little pressure to get things done. I seem to have caught a bit of the nesting bug recently in my scramble to get things checked off of my list before number 4 arrives in a few weeks. I don't know if it is the hormones kicking in, or if blogging has inspired me to become more in tune with my crafty side.......whatever it is, I feel the need to finish projects, get organized, and for some odd reason, to start sewing dresses for my little girls. For the last few months I have not gotten a whole lot done other than survive our busy schedule and attempt to appear like I have had it all together. Which is why I am amazed at what I have been able to accomplish in the past few days. Thanks to our wonderful painter, Frank, we got the nursery and our master bedroom/bathroom painted.....not that this took a whole lot of work on my part, but I did have to actually commit to a color scheme and schedule for the work to be done.
The wide array on the left is all that I could come up with.....the card on the right is what actually went on the walls. (Those of you who are aware of my colorblindness will understand why it is so stressful to pick out the right hues......my great neighbor Tonya, has learned to just be honest and help me when I have veered off of the color wheel......she pretty much just told me what to do and it worked out great!)
Here are some photos of the nursery....still in progress but at least the crib is set up and things are starting to come together which feels really good. I have someone coming out on Friday to help me get my closets outfitted with more shelving, I am going to attempt to fit all the girls' clothes into one closet.....we will see how that goes:) Lastly, the dress sewing thing........in the past, I have never had more than a passing whim to try to create clothes for my girls and I have no idea why now, when I can hardly move and probably should be directing my energy elsewhere, that I have felt the need to S E W! Anyway, I dredged up all my sewing lesson memories from my mom which I am very thankful for, and I made this cute dress for Emma. I think it will be hard to do two of everything but my girls were so excited and gave me lots of props for the "haute couture" effort! I do have to admit that I had a bit of a Maria moment because the fabric does faintly resemble the curtains she transformed into clothing for the Von Trapp family..........
6 comments:
I am super impressed. I mean like really really impressed. I am pretty sure that even if I were to remember everything my mom taught me I wouldn't be able to sew an actual clothing item. I also love the way your nursery turned out. That brown is awesome and looks great with the bedding you picked out.
The dress turned out so cute! I can't wait to see Emma modeling it. I'm sure she will stand a little taller, and her footsteps as if on clouds when she wears it knowing all the work that went into it, just for her.
That dress is darling. I am so impressed. I also love the nursery and I can't wait to see pictures of the baby.
My kids never got their nursery painted and they are almost 2 now. I love the dress, can't wait to see it!
the dress is sweet sharese except yes the vontrap family did come to mind. the baby room looks awesome too I want to see what you painted your guy's bedroom
WOW! You are amazing! Both the nusery and the dresses are incredible. You have such an amazing talent. Since I don't have any little kids, gow do you feel about designing some clothes for my pugs? :)
Post a Comment