Saturday, April 26, 2008

Blimey

Once a year Travis' company, Mutual of Omaha, takes all of the salespeople(along with their significant other) who have met their yearly goal on an amazing weeklong trip. Last year it was the Big Island of Hawaii and we had a fantastic time. While I really enjoy going to exotic and tropical places, I would much rather take a trip to sightsee and check out historical landmarksand learn about other cultures. I am that person who has to read every plaque at the museum and who can squeeze a ton of places to visit into one day......or at least I was before I had kids! So, this year was my kind of place.....so much history to explore! Tonight, Travis left for this year's trip to London for a few days and then off to Ireland for the remainder of the week. He was a bit hesitant to go so soon after Eli arrived but I insisted since it is not somewhere we would normally opt to visit. I am sitting at home blogging, so it is quite obvious that I am not accompanying him on his visit across the pond. At three weeks postpartum, there are a L O T of reasons why I am not going on this trip! His younger brother, Tyler, was kind enough to take my place and has promised to think of me sitting at home with my four kids while he enjoys my numerous spa treatments and fun outings to golf, explore, shop, and maybe even kiss the blarney stone.






I am taking comfort in the fact that Travis and Tyler may just be mistaken for a "couple" a time or two since they look nothing alike, the week will be full of "couples" events, and Mutual of Omaha has an open door policy when it comes to that sort of thing.....He, He, He!









Lucky for me, my parents are coming into town for the week.........so I won't completely lose my sanity:)(I hope you are ready for some projects, Mom and Dad!) I didn't want to go on this trip anyway.......who would want to play golf in the very spot that the game was invented, or stay in a historic castle, or hang out in an authentic pub, or listen to those cool british and irish accents all week, or go on tours around the countryside, or basically to just live the Life of Reilly for a wee bit of time? Oh Ireland, Shmireland......

3 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

Man I hate it when having babies cramps my style :)

Lydia said...

I laughed throughout this whole post. You are so funny, Sharese. That is so funny that your husband and brother-in-law are involved in all the couple events.

Becky said...

I've missed Paris TWICE (still haven't been) due to pregnancy and little babies. I say we tour Europe together (once Eli is weaned, of course) and leave Travis and Trevor at home to fend for themselves! :)