Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Championship.......A N D....a baby!


Okay, so call it mother nature, good karma, or whatever you would like.......we welcomed little Eli John yesterday morning amid all the excitement leading up to the big game last night. Lets just say that it caught us all a bit off guard with no bags packed or plans made but everything turned out unbelievably well!

We must admit that we considered changing the name several times to include Mario (can you believe that SHOT?), Jay, Sherron, Rush, Bill, you can use your imagination......but in the end we felt that it was enough to simply share a birthday with the very best college championship game ever.



The girls are very excited to have a little brother, I am sure they will be a BIG help.......


Eli is now the official good luck charm for the Jayhawks!


Here are the brothers......or the bookends as we like to call them.


That's all I have time for right now, I will post soon with more juicy details:)

7 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

That is seriously so cool! Congrats to you, Travis, Eli, and the Jay Hawks. I can't wait for the juicy details. I am jealous that you go into labor naturally and EARLY!

p.s. Eli is so cute!

Brett and Amy said...

Eli is soo cute! What a good lookin newborn -and Emma looks quite proud of him too. Congrats, and let me know when you need some relief. I know Travis will probably be taking care of all the cooking, cleaning, and child transporting for the next couple of months so you can rest, but if you need any other help, just let me know.

Mindy said...

This is Brett & Mindy. Congrats to both of you for your babies, Kansas & Eli. We're so excited for you. We wish we could be there, down the street from you to help out, but like Amy Ross said, we know Travis will be cooking up a storm. What a cute baby. We'll call you when things calm down. Enjoy the new little one. How exciting!

www.ackfam4.blogspot.com said...

So the question is... did Travis cancel his flight to San Antonio?? Congrats on the baby- he is very cute!

Lydia said...

Eli's birth will be a great story to tell him on his birthdays. What fun timing! He is so cute, and I love the pictures with his siblings holding him! Congratulations Sharese! I wish I lived closer so I could see him in person. Hopefully one of these days we'll be in I.F. at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Big congrats! Eli is so cute! I hope you get the chance to relax and enjoy this fun newborn baby stage. Now you are making me think that I should at least pack my bag....just in case. Although we want lil Faith to come late! (long story). Again big congrats to you.....AND the Jayhawks!

BTW, we have a family website/blog as well. It is www.reedfamily.org

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS all around! Eli is a doll. Can't wait to see him in person. Let me know if you need anything at all. HUGS, Eva