I haven't felt much like blogging this week, most likely because I have sunken into the land of flip flops and stretchy pants and awaiting anxiously a delivery from the stork. I had a doctor's visit today and the ultrasound showed that our little guy is about 6 1/2 lbs which is about right for one of ours. I am so happy because there is a bit of progress and they have put me on the schedule to be induced on the 16th if mother nature hasn't stepped in before then. I gave Travis the go ahead to attend the Final Four this weekend but he couldn't bring himself to leave at the last minute. He has promised not to be a degenerate basketball fan this weekend and actually focus on the world around him....we will see how that goes:)

I kept thinking about last time around with Halle, who was a whopping 3 lbs 6 oz when we brought her home and I thought I would post some photos just to remember how little she was. For anyone who has had a preemie, you know how hard it is and I am so glad that everything has gone so well this time around. We have always treated Halle with a little extra care and she packs a lot of personality in her tiny little body. So I am a bit sad that she is going to have to grow up now and not be our baby anymore. She is always the life of the party and keeps us all laughing with her constant silliness. She loves snacks but isn't a big fan of mealtime, loves polly pockets, her doll house, looking at books, dressing up, tea parties, mickey mouse, and "helping" mom. I am a bit worried about her future in academics, she seems to live in this cartoon world where nothing is serious.......while this is very cute right now, I am not so sure how it will pan out in the future. Hopefully her world won't be too shaken up by a little brother but you never know! We have had a bit of a problem with nightmares lately and Halle has been waking up at 4 a.m. for the last couple of weeks crying hysterically. She climbs into our bed and snuggles up next to dad for protection from the big bad wolf, scary witches, and last but not least, huge flying beetles. I am pretty sure that the first two came from her Richard Scarry bedtime stories book but I am still trying to figure out the whole beetle thing.......she seriously was sitting straight up in our bed looking out the door and saying, "Mom, watch out, the big beetle is coming up the stairs!" Sadly, the sleepovers are going to have to come to an end here soon and we hope the bad dreams will just be a short phase. This is her outfit of choice lately, she loves to support her dad and has worn out her cd with the KU fight song. We wish the boys lots of luck tomorrow night!
6 comments:
I didn't realize that Halle was a premie...That would be so hard. I have big babies (8 lbs +) and get sad that they grow out of their 0-3 month clothes within the first six weeks. I can't wait to see pics of the new little one. Good luck!
Good luck the next couple of weeks. I hate the end of pregnancy it is so hard on our bodies.
I didn't know your little one was a preemie. SHe is adoreable.
My babies are 9lbs + so and they also grow out of their clothes sooo fast.
I'm sure as soon as #4 is old enough Halle will explain to him his place in the family and that SHE is the center of it. Until then, maybe she'll love playing big sis and mom's big helper. One can hope. Good luck!
She is so cute! Before reading your blog, I saw the baby pics and thought you had your baby! I hope everything goes well for you. I will be sad to see the pregnancy blogs go away.
Hello there!
I have been thinking of you daily. I gasped when I saw the pictures thinking you had already had your baby. Then I saw the bow and realized it couldn't be your new one! I am so excited for you. I just wish I could be there to make some dinners for you and take care of your kids, bring you ballons, and return some of the unforgettable kindness that you gave our family. I still feel overwhelmed for the blessing you were to our family and to me while we lived in Ohio. We miss you guys.
By the way, Halle already looks older to me. It's amazing how quickly they change. Keep us posted on the delivery. I will keep checking the blog! Good Luck! Remeber to have the nurses emty your bladder if you get a epidural! JK
Mindy
Hey Sharese, Congrats on last night's game. I was a little nervous, but they pulled through in the end. I didn't watch the game, but I could hear Jeff's reaction to whatever was going at the time. It's times like this where I'm grateful we have a multi-level home, and I can keep the children's ears far, far away from the madness.
Post a Comment