Friday, April 18, 2008

Three Naughty Children


**Disclaimer** My kids are generally pretty good and I realize that having a new baby in the house is the main cause behind all of the naughtiness. Regardless, it needs to be documented so that one day in the distant future, I can look back and have a laugh about it.



Naughty Child #1

This naughty child is guilty of backtalking, general sassiness, severe sister teasing, frequent loud belching, and whininess. Has been known to disappear into hiding when it is time for homework, his nightly shower, feeding the dog, or anything that remotely resembles "work".


Naughty Child #2

This naughty child has been G R U M P Y.......very very grumpy. Has told me that she will only be happy if she gets more Webkinz, or if I let her move indefinitely to her friend's/cousin's/grandparent's house. Has been known to take her own sweet time getting ready for school in the morning, has resorted to hauling her blanket around the house because she is "cold", doesn't listen to a word I say, and is guilty (as the middle of the three naughty children) of fighting with both her brother and sister on frequent occasions.


Naughty Child #3

This poor little naughty child has cried many many tears since the arrival of her little baby brother. Has said every potty word she knows(which is basically "peepee, poop, bum" over and over), reverted back to wearing a diaper......and utilizing it as well, dumped her polly pocket bin out countless times a day, emptied her nicely organized drawers/closet onto the floor, taken liberties to free our pet hamster from his cage, squeezed out an entire tube of lip gloss to "paint" with, and has generally shown lots of very "interesting" behaviors on a daily if not hourly basis.


A big THANK YOU goes out to all my family and friends who have helped out so much recently......I just wish that my three naughty little children weren't so sad to have to come home after their fun playdates or to have to eat mom's cooking rather than a yummy meal brought by someone else!


7 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

Oh man, sounds like fun but I think you have the perfect attitude. If you can't laugh about it what is the point? Last night George was super mad at me because I took his bunk bed ladder away (he sleeps on the top). The rule is if you get out of your bed mom takes the ladder away and last night I had to follow through. Sad for both of us.

Brett and Amy said...

Other than reverting back to diapers, what you've described sums up my kids perfectly. If you figure out anything that may change those behaviors, let me know. Seriously.

Katy Zinn said...

Sharese! You kill me! You have missed your calling as a comedian! As a Children's Services worker, I suppose suggesting that you lock them in their rooms until they are 18 wouldn't be very ethical! I hope they let up on you soon. My visit yesterday had me questioning my own ability to parent my two dogs- you are amazing! Your house was clean, you were very put together (and for those that have not seen her in person...lacking the "back fat" that she has blogged about! I'm still trying to figure out how you managed carpool? I am wondering if you are "REAL!" How do you find the time to blog, let alone keep up with everything else? You, my dear, are a ROCK STAR!!

Ashley said...

sharese I am so sorry but that is the funniest thing i ever heard i'm sure they will get over it hopefully if not you just have them shipped to me and I will whip them into shape, have them do some nutty guys or something.

Reese said...

Kate-Thanks....I will pay you later. It is all a lovely facade, I'm afraid!

Lydia said...

Sharese (aka Rock Star), I love how you can turn something that could be seriously detrimental to your mental stability in to something to laugh about (or at least in a few months when it's over). I agree with Amy that you have the perfect attitude.

Sina said...

Sharese you are an amazing woman! Keep up the good work. That picture of Halle is awesome by the way. One day at a time and then before you know it - you will get to sleep through the night and suddenly everything seems easier because you have enough sleep.