Tuesday, July 22, 2008

How do you measure up?

I am a sucker for these things.  They always make me chuckle because of the complete absurdity of the common line of thinking not all that long ago.  Women definitely have come a long way.  Although I have found myself pondering the meaning of life and what my purpose is lately.  Some days I feel like I could be a future museum exhibit with the caption going a little like this:  "Here we have the vintage stay at home mom.  She spent her days moving piles of things from one place to another.  Obviously her brain was quite small."  Seriously, I think 95% of my time is spent moving toys, dirty clothes, books, and all sorts of clutter from place to place.  I really can't seem to come up with a solution to this problem other than getting rid of all of our stuff.  My kids are messy.  But school starts in about 4 weeks.  Woo Hoo!  And I have big plans for some generous donations to Goodwill. 
Oh, and in case you were wondering, I would be considered a failure according to this chart.  But at least I don't wear red nail polish.  That would be scandalous.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

As I sit here reading this I'm thinking, hmm I wonder if I should remove my red nail polish. Nah, I have to many demerits already whats one more!
PS morgan is a size 2. We can't wait to see you!

Lydia said...

Yep, I definitely failed that test. I have those same feelings at times, especially when my brain stimulation extended to learning new Spanish terms on Dora the Explorer.

Lydia said...

OK, my comment made absolutely no sense. I can tell I'm suffering from sleep deprivation. I need a nap.