*Hey, Jordan can see what it is like not to have his dad as the coach for once
*Travis already has a jam-packed schedule as it is and could use a break
*We can just cheer from the sidelines rather than being in charge of everything
*No teaching a bunch of 8-9 year olds ball-handling skills who have never touched a basketball
Then he had his first practice tonight. We really tried to be positive. I promise. But when you are used to being in charge and running the show it is REALLY hard to watch from the sidelines.......or so I have heard. It started off badly as we got slotted in the 8-9 pm time which is far too late to be practicing in my humble opinion. And, it is on the same night that Emma has soccer practice AND also the same night that Travis has his church meetings. Which means really fun Wednesdays for me to look forward to all winter with only occasional help when a meeting is canceled. Anyway, Travis was able to make it to the first practice tonight so he could check things out and it was worse than he could have possibly imagined.
*The coach had the boys stretch for the first 15 minutes
*Told them to "durble" the ball and then shoot it at the "bankboard"
*Then had them play knockout for the rest of the hour
*When they got eliminated from knockout, he tried to take them in one-on-one
*Oh, and he looks like this:
*except he cut off the sleeves of his t-shirt and pulled his hair back into a ponytail for the occasion
What????? We are at a loss for words. I mean, when you play rec sports there are times that you get a bad draw but seriously........this bad? So much for all the time Jordan has spent on his skills. Maybe I should just try a little harder to find the good in the situation. I mean, I could probably capture a lot of stellar photos from the season. And Jordan might learn the value of a good mullet or learn to appreciate Nascar more. We will keep you posted.....there has got to be a way out of this one.

11 comments:
Holy crap! That pic looks like it was taken at the Blackfoot Fair.
Seriously...I am usually one to find the positive in any situation but I have to tell you that I am pretty sure that the only positive is going to come from the reel of photos and host of stories you are going to be blogging.
You have really lucked out this year with coaches. The positive, maybe he'll have even better framed tigers above his couch -to add to your collection. Also, maybe durbling is a secret move you are not yet aware of. Prepare to be amazed.
I was eating my breakfast while reading this....at seeing the buisness in front, party in the back, I spit milk all over my computer screen. Thanks for the laugh. Good Luck!
Oh, Sharese, you make me laugh.
he doesn't really look like that, does he?
i agree with brett & amy - durbling is probably a secret move. i think i've seen it used in the nba.
My guess is that the "team" from last year all got together and ousted the coach. I think it's a sign from the Lord that you are supposed to give up one of your coaching assignments. It could be worse Sharese, he could be coaching alongside your X boyfriend. Wait, that would be way too awkward. Good luck on that.
J.D. Rex
oh my gosh mullet man alert! That looks like a healthy mullet to me I would get jordan out of there or you will soon have your son asking to grow his hair out like his coach.
Oh Sharese........this is a classic! That photo is priceless. I'm thinking you should continue to focus on the great photo opportunities of the upcoming season!!
Not sure I understand the problem with the guy coaching your son's team. I think maybe your husband is the one with the problem......
I have been laughing my head off for about five minutes now...thanks for that! I love your blog!
Kathleen
Post a Comment