Some days are sweet while others can be a bit sour. Yesterday was just one of those bitter- tasting days. Travis had church meetings all afternoon and my kids just weren't being their normal angelic selves. I think they averaged a breakdown at least every 9 minutes, the house was thrashed, and I had absolutely zero inspiration for dinner.
My good friend, Amy, moved this weekend. And she didn't just move across state lines, she moved across THE OCEAN for heaven's sake. They are going to be ex-pats in Madrid for the next year or two and although I am SO excited for their family.....I have to admit that I am pretty bummed that they are gone. We are good enough friends that I didn't stress about having my house perfect (not that I even know what that is) when she came over, our kids played well together, and our husbands were even compatible.......a combo that doesn't come along all that often. She is one of those people who is very quiet and reserved at first but then when you really get to know her she is downright silly, super creative, talented, and a great listener/advice giver. I am a better person for having her in my life. She is the type of gal who can do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING and inspired me to start sewing again, start a blog, and be a better mom. I am afraid that the secret of her greatness is out now so I will have to fight for her attention and ideas when she comes back. (Although I call dibs on being first in line for a scarf-tying lesson) Anyway, I am just feeling a bit lost without my daily phone call to tell her what a mess my house is or to get ideas/instructions for my next creative endeavor.
one last playdate with Halle
a photo of our kids together in Outer Banks last year.....fun trip
Amy, me, and Mindy
I remember feeling the same way a year and a half ago when Mindy moved back to CA. She was a close neighbor/friend and we did everything together. She came back for a visit a couple of weeks ago and I realized how much I missed having her around. So......nobody else is allowed to move for a while, OK? I suppose it is a sign that you have lived in one place for a long time when people start coming and going. Miss you guys!
6 comments:
Who needs the phone, when you can just blog messy house pics? This hotel/apt would take the prize. Thanks for talkin me up. I'll refer people I meet here to your blog. "See, she thinks I'm great, why can't you?" I am coming back, so don't find a permanent replacement, just temporary okay? Miss you already, seriously.
What kind of friend are you letting your friend Amy walk around with roots like that? Seriously, I don't think she sees herself in a mirror that often, she needs you.
Aren't roots a Spanish thing? I really think you should have dyed your hair bleach blond before going over so you could really fit in........or is that Mexico that I am thinking of? Don;t worry, I was too busy worrying about my bad hair and lingering 10 lbs that I didn't even notice the roots. Besides, when you are colorblind it all kind of blends together.
I hate it when friends move. Lara lived in Germany for a year and I cried A LOT! Though I have to say that I think blogging does make it a bit easier!
I love checking your Blog! I would miss her too, already miss both of you. Thank goodness for blogs to keep me posted about you two. And you'll get my yearly corespondence soon with the annual Chrsitmas letter. I STINK! I need to start a blog. Mindy
Change is a good thing right?!? We wouldn't get the opportunity to go spend 1.50 euros on a shopping trolley in Spain if Amy hadn't moved there! Or maybe we can just pay Amy's kids 1.50 euros to carry our groceries around for us while we're there. Plus maybe if we take our husbands to visit Spain they'll start dressing in scarves and sweaters like Brett!!
Post a Comment