Tuesday, December 16, 2008

shhhhhhhhh...........


I have made an early resolution to never ever delay my Christmas shopping until the last minute.  I made a list yesterday of everything that needs to happen in the next week and to call it overwhelming would be a major understatement.  I totally understand why people start preparing for this season in July.  I get it.  It seems like once Halloween passed, it has been a big fuzzy blur of activity.  Maybe I am just feeling it more with a baby in the house but I really wish that I would have gotten more of the present buying/creating done so that instead of stressing, I could be enjoying more holiday stuff with my kids.  I really do enjoy coming up with great gift ideas for those on my list and I wish I had more time to follow through with everything.  Travis has always been pretty easy to buy for since he is happy to get anything that is Jayhawk related.  In the past I have surprised him with plane tickets to a big game, a gazillion t-shirts, signed basketballs, posters, books, etc.   This year I wanted to do something big and different so he would know what a devoted wife I really am.  Please don't let the cat out of the bag though, I really want to keep it a secret until Christmas morning.  
Whaddya think?

8 comments:

Mallory said...

As your visiting teacher, I really feel like it would be necessary to let you know that you should probably set up an appointment with the Bishop! I will be diligently trying to hook you back into the fold.

LOL. You know, you're pretty funny! :D

Tiffany said...

Sharese...gosh I just love you! You are so freakin funny!

Amy Eagleston said...

Love it and the new haircut is pretty edgy too.

Becky said...

You'd better be careful...I sense another baby on the way! :)

Sina said...

I promise to keep it a secret Sharese - but I'm thinking maybe you should create your own design. Maybe Travis' face on the JayHawk.

Reese said...

Um, Becky? It would take a whole lot more ink for THAT to happen.
.......and I don't know why you are all finding this so funny. I am totally serious, and excited for afternoons at our neighborhood pool, showin' off my new tat to all the other cool moms.

Brett and Amy said...

You will probably get a lot of resentment from the pool moms as you will be setting a new standard for all wives to live up to. I mean come on, homemade bread, sparkly house, cute kids, and a Jayhawk tatoo? Could life get any better for Travis?

Lydia said...

So hot. He won't be able to stay away from you!