Saturday, December 20, 2008

Breaking news


Its funny.  I don't get overly nostalgic or sappy when my kids hit big milestones like birthdays or new school years.  But, I had to interrupt the usual holiday posting for some things that DO make me feel sappy and panicky all at once because I am not ready for them to be happening just yet.  The little buggers are growing up.


We have officially entered the recorder-playing years.  Since I am so nice, I didn't post the video of a very squeaky and loud version of Mary had a Little Lamb.


and this little guy is M-O-B-I-L-E!  


This one just had her very first dribbling session.  She was so excited and had to dress the part.  She came upstairs and said, "I DID IT FOUR TIMES!!!"


Emma mastered dribbling between her legs....a skill that I have no potential of ever acquiring.


And finally, I am afraid that this year is the last time that THIS will happen.
Sigh, weep, and bemoan his adolescent future.

4 comments:

Brett and Amy said...

I shed a tear with you. And was that a sigh of relief, that Halle's athletic genes trumped her "condition", rendering her still able to dribble?

Amy Eagleston said...

The recorder-playing years? I missed out on those and dribbling between my legs...none of that either.

Lydia said...

Ah, I remember those little recorders. I loved playing Twinkle Twinkle and Mary Had A Little Lamb. What huge milestones for your children, especially the little MOBILE one! That was too fast, right?

Idaho Stoker Family said...

Haha i love that halle did it 4 WHOLE TIMES!!
oh and by the way about the wrong birthday is all right....ps I really like that puffy vest but mom has taken over with it!! haha it is really cute on her though
natalie