here are a few things I have done this past week that I am pretty darn sure that I did not sign up for:
~built this diorama for Jordan (I even let him help a little)....I think my portrayal of a 3rd grader's version of London getting bombed during WWII was quite impressive. Then again, this was my FIRST diorama and with a bit of practice, I think I can do much better.
~rescued this dollhouse from our resident King Kong.....doesn't he have the juiciest thighs?
~spent the big bucks on "phase 1" (there are three) of Jordan's orthodontic treatments. Here's to hoping that the rest of our kids don't inherit my bad teeth.
~replaced our disposal ALL BY MYSELF. We done went and got ourselves a Badger 1/2 HP baby!
~sat at our local grocery store for several hours and watched Jordan hone his sales skills. Could you say no to a face like this? .......as in,
"Would you like to buy a LaRosa's Buddy card to help our team get to Cooperstown?"
AND.......
~read this book with Jordan. Shed a tear with me for the loss of his innocence.
Sheesh! On paper some of these things may have looked like a raw deal, especially with the terrible pay that goes along with them. But, on paper, they never could have put into words how much the little buggers would mean to me either. Amazing how the small things make all the difference and I am so glad that I can be there for all of them.
4 comments:
It's not the stork? Hmmm...glad my oldest is three. I love juicy thighs too and I am really impressed with your diorama skills but even more impressed with your ability to install a new disposal without showing any crack.
OK, you are my hero for installing that garbage disposal ALL ON YOUR OWN! I tried helping Jeff with our recent replacement and took one look at the funkiness of our old one and ran out of the room before throwing up all over the place. It actually took me a good minute to stop gagging. Nasty, nasty. Plus, that thing is freakin' heavy! We had to get all sort of creative with getting that monster in the mount. Wow, I'm am very impressed.
So... I'm glad that you have kids that are older than mine, so you can mentally prepare me for things like dioramas, fund raisers, and It's Not the Stork. Yikes, I'll really have to prepare myself for that one.
See you Friday!
I am most impressed with Mrs. "fix-it" you go girl.
AAAHH!! You had "the talk"? Holy moly...I am so terrified of that day. Can my kids just NOT grow up? Is that an option?
And you "done went" huh? Where you from? Idaho?
Post a Comment