Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Recipe for a snow day



#1  Flush 7 ice cubes down the toilet at 7 o'clock

#2  Put your pajamas on inside out AND backwards

#3  Do a crazy dance

#4  Flush 8 ice cubes down the toilet at 8 o'clock

#5 Cross your fingers, toes, legs, eyes, and arms


***Guess what?  It worked!*** 


Meatball kept close watch on all the action


 (the plan worked only too well.......we even have ANOTHER snow day awaiting us tomorrow!)  You may want to halve the recipe because one snow day is okay but TWO snow days may prove to be harmful to your health and your household.

**UPDATE**
Seriously, do not use this recipe lightly.   Tomorrow will be our THIRD snow day in a row.  The city is shut down and I haven't left the house since Monday.  Ice storms are SO overrated.

5 comments:

Sina said...

I'm thinking this may even turn into snow day #3 by tomorrow. Day one was fun and a novelty, Day two is still kind of fun, but I'm think a Day 3 may be pushing it!

Amy Eagleston said...

What is that saying about a butterfly's wings? Thanks to your recipe I sat in the Denver airport yesterday for four hours longer than I was supposed to. My plane was coming from Cincinnati and couldn't take off due to weather and de-icing problems. Don't worry...I'm not bitter :)

Ashley said...

oh my gosh sharese that is an awesome recipe I'm writing it down and putting it in mom's recipe book right now.

amy16 said...

Oh, you eastern people and your closing the school for a little snow.....We drive around in a foot of snow everyday out here. the only time the schools have been closed in the last 30 years was when roofs were collapsing under the weight of the 3 feet of snow. j/k :)

Glad you were able to have a fun day off.

Nicole said...

Yeah, we haven't seen one OUNCE of snow here. My kids are sorely disappointed, especially now that Christmas has come and gone.

Maybe we'll try your recipe. They'll get a kick out of that at least!