Seven? Really? Not sure how or when we got here........seems like she was born yesterday or even just a few years ago but seven? My, how time flies. We did not let this milestone pass without due attention......she partied all week like it was 2002 all over again.
Now I would like to commemorate this celebratory event with a list (inspired by her) of the things I think make Emma such a swell gal.
{blowing out the candles at the family celebration}
1. Emma is one tough chick. She is not fazed by much, unless it involves her mean brother or her treasured Webkinz.
{her favorite present}
2. Emma loves basketball. I love that she loves basketball. We have been pleasantly surprised this year as she has really gained a lot of confidence on and off of the court. I love that she is a tomboy. (except for the recent refusal of coordinating ribbons for her hair)
{playing Wii in style}
3. She rocks at video games. Especially Lego Star Wars. A baller AND a gamer? .....every young boy's dream girl.
{birthday flowers from Dad}
4. She takes time to smell the roses. She is a deep thinker....even if her thoughts revolve around Troy, Gabriella, her passion for dogs, Star Wars, and all things made in China.
{THE Mrs. McCarthy....doesn't everyone idolize their 1st grade teacher?}
5. Emma LOVES being a 1st grader. She loves her teacher, her friends, lunch, Junie B. Jones, recess, the bus, and everything else.
{at her desk}
6. She still thinks it is cool to wear homemade shirts that say her age and bring homemade treats to her class. I know these days are numbered so I'm making the most of em'.
{still sticking with the theme here}
7. Emma is a BIG help to me. Seriously, aside from being a normal pesky kid, I can always count on her to help when I need it. And most days, I r e a l l y need it.
{the party-goers......can you pick out the cheerleader?}
sorry Abs, I couldn't help it!
Happy Birthday Emmy-Lulu!
7 comments:
She is so cute! Did you make her super cute outfit? I love it and I love the idea of making a shirt with the birthday age on it.
Emma is the jam I'm so happy she is a baller I wish I had her sweet skills on the court!
You are the coolest mom to take the time to make her a very cute shirt. I'm doubly impressed with Emma's homemade treat she's holding in her hand. Is that a cupcake sucker? (I'm not sure the actual term, but it looks like a bakerella treat. Whatever it is, it's very, very impressive.)
It looks like she had a perfect birthday! Happy Birthday, Emma!
Sharese - all this and blogging too! You are an amazing woman of many talents and I'm so glad we are friends.
Happy birthday Emma!
I love her shirt with her age on it! That is so cool! I should have made one for my 21st...
She is SO cute. And I love the shirt! I'm guessing you made the skirt too. Love the fabric. And I love that she wanted a basketball theme.
Post a Comment