Friday, February 6, 2009

Flashback Friday


{THEN}
Just in case you were wondering how stylish I was in high school..........here you go.  And, you even get to witness an outfit that only a colorblind person could put together.  (it only took my friends a few YEARS to clue me in.  Thanks guys..)  So here you have it.  Black and white tank top, terrible brown belt, navy Girbaud jeans, and don't forget the awesome hair.  One of my best friends, Lydia, was lucky enough to share one of my senior photo poses because having a formal picture taken with your friends is super cool. {Actually, Lydia was very cool and is a very good friend......she was definitely in the IN crowd when it came to sweater vests}    

{NOW}
We were lucky enough to have her darling family stop by last weekend for a quick visit to catch up on old times.......we had good fun looking through old yearbooks, photo albums, and reminiscing about the good old days.  Man, am I glad that high school is a distant memory.

5 comments:

Lydia said...

It is so funny to think that I had us take a formal picture at Hart photography. I love that I look like I'm pregnant (and the baby definitely dropped). I'm lovin' the Girbaud jeans. I was always so jealous that you had so many, and the only pairs I had were an ugly dark brown and green.

Thanks again for the fun night and delicious dinner. Tommy still talks about how hilarious it was to see Princess Leia do a "silly dance."

I hope you guys weren't too tired the next morning. I couldn't believe we stayed that long. I could have talked your ear off all night. It was great to finally meet Travis and your kids, especially after reading about them in all your hilarious and endearing posts.

After leaving, I told Jeff that I wished we lived closer to you guys. We had so much fun that night, and Jeff especially liked seeing a completely different side of me while looking at our wild and crazy times of high school. He couldn't believe that we made so many solacious gestures in our photos and not know what they meant. It's true though!

Lydia said...

P.S. I hope you don't mind, but I'm pulling a copycat on my blog.

Amy Eagleston said...

I love those pics. You guys were the coolest and I was lucky enough to tag along our senior year. Lets get a trim.

Nicole said...

Ha ha ha! That is hilarious! Oh, the Girbaud jeans. I don't remember them being quite so high-waisted, but apparently they were.

You girls were cool. And you've only gotten cooler.

Sina said...

Girbaud jeans, cool brown belts, and big hair. I'm with you all the way. I love the high school memories this brings back for me!