Every year at Easter time, we gather up the cousins for some good, old-fashioned egg hunting. The candy is nice, but the real excitement comes in finding the few "special" eggs that have been carefully hidden by several young-at-heart uncles. This year there were three golden spheres to be had and 14 fierce competitors combing the backyard for treasure. I told my kids to use whatever means they deemed necessary to find the golden eggs. It was high time they represented our family well and beat out the other cousins, especially the darn Hensleys, who always manage to go home with at least one of the coveted prizes.
The girls came close but in the end, it was Jordan who showed the most passion and competitive spirit by looking in a less than obvious spot. What was the treasure inside? A crisp $10 dollar bill, ripe for burning a hole right through the pocket of any child lucky enough to find it. (sure beats the pocket change from my day!)
Oh, and did I mention that we hosted this year? I may have also forgotten to mention the few upgrades we've been working on out back?? (just kidding, Paul & Deb)
Happy Easter!!!!




9 comments:
So awesome and your kid's clothes are so cute. I am a huge fan of seersucker.
I better not let my kids get wind of the Beck Easter egg hunts. Our coveted motherload was only a euro. Love the outfits, did you make the dresses AND jackets?
So...you should tell Travis that he could at least get a brown tie!
girl, hook a sister up!
just so long as the brother is ambitious :)
your family is so darling.
hope you had the happiest easter!
HI Sharese! I found your blog today and have enjoyed seeing your cute family. Your kids are talented! Hope you had a happy Easter!
Sharese you look hot! Halle's hair is getting long. Eli reminds me of a prep school boy oh and well done Jordan for getting some Beck family pride.
Way to go Sharese. What a gorgeous family photo. We did try for a family photo - but Madi will never - and I do mean never - look at the camera, Zac was screaming, and Andrea was getting flustered because everyone was not behaving. After several failed attempts - we just gave up. Glad you guys had a good time. Oh...and your back yard looks amazing!
What a great looking family! I'm glad you guys had such a great Easter, and good job to Jordan for finding the coveted golden egg. I'll have to remember that idea. It would make it a lot more fun for the older kids, for sure.
What a fun family picture. My kids would love to join in your easter egg hunt.
PSSSSS is that your back yard with your BIG beautiful house? How the heck do you keep that clean? You are the woman.
Post a Comment