Sunday, April 12, 2009

spring break....i need one

Keeping your kitchen clean with all your kids home over spring break should be deemed an Olympic sport.  
At any moment, you might turn your back for one second and THIS will happen.

Or, while you are cleaning up flour drifts from the floor, your eldest daughter may decide that drawing whiskers onto her sister's face with non-washable markers is an intelligent thing to do.  
Or, a wild pack of sweaty pre-adolescent boys could stampede without warning through your back door in search of a popsicle, or eight.

Unfortunately, even if keeping my kitchen clean in said circumstances would make me an Olympian.........I probably wouldn't even make the bench squad.  
School.........it's a GOOD thing.

2 comments:

amy16 said...

Amen to that....Can I send mine to you for summer vacation?

Sina said...

After spring break - I have to confess - I'm dreading the summer. The house is in constant disarry. I don't have sweaty boys to deal with just yet but I still got a glimpse of what is required of the mother during school holidays. Social Director! I feel like I have to have several activity ideas constantly on the ready. Hey - it keeps my brain active - so I guess that's a good thing!!