Wednesday, May 13, 2009

{insert something funny here}

Here are a few pictures from last weekend.  I am lacking inspiration to actually sit down and write anything meaningful.  I am currently drowning in a sea of laundry, ironing,  and unfinished projects.  Anyone up for an iron-off?  (motivate me, please) Someday I am going to learn the value in doing a little each day rather than waiting until the pile needs its own room.
  Photobucket
Halle's contribution to the team-naming meeting was "the orange t-shirts!!"  She's a smart one, I tell you what.

Photobucket
In my short lived softball career, I played outfield and spent most of the time praying that nobody would hit the ball anywhere near me.  Or, rehearsing in my head over and over in which direction I should throw the ball IF it came my way.  (I wonder if that is what Jordan thinks at 2nd base??)  Then, when a ball finally made it to where I was standing, I just stood there and watched it come without moving my glove.  It landed squarely on my nose, drawing blood and everything.  My feelings were very hurt when no one rushed out to see if I was okay, instead they all kept on yelling at me to pick up the ball and throw it in.  I didn't last a full season.  Obviously, my kids get their tenacity and competitive drive from me.  Obviously.

Photobucket
Sorry ladies, he is going home with me.  And no, he won't wear a full uniform with baseball pants and all.  I have tried to tell him that he would look much more official if he dressed exactly like the players (tell me you know what I am talking about) but he doesn't seem to value my opinion much when it comes to baseball.
Photobucket
I am pretty sure they are all talking strategy here.  
Photobucket
Meatball just loves Saturdays.  In fact, they are his favorite day of the week.  We are a lot alike, he and I.
beer and a sippy cup
I babysat a friend's kids (and her beer) at the game.  I thought this picture was awesome.  It pretty much sums up most of my peeps at baseball tournaments.
Photobucket
Hi, my name is Halle and I like to run up to my parents after I score a goal and ask them (very loudly)  "Now can we go to Dairy Queen?"  Then, everyone thinks my parents are super cool because they bribe me with treats when I score goals.  

9 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

Your pics look so good. You have figured out the whole aperture thing!

Becky said...

I like the iron-off idea. My ironing actually DOES require it's own room. So sad. We should get our kids together, lock them out of the house, stick in a chick-flick and iron away!

Ashley said...

First off I am jealous of your camera, second you seriously got a bloody nose that is priceless. So you bribe your kids with treats I never would have thought haha I love the pictures!

Reese said...

Amy....unfortunately, I have NOT figured out the "aperture thing". I have read about it, thought about it, tried to do it, but these were all on Auto. Just one more thing I need to learn how to do:)
Becky-we are ON. Let me know the time and place.
Ashley-bribing kids with treats is the only way to go.

Brett and Amy said...

I love your pictures. Looks like you caught the SLR bug. Are you uploading 500+ pics at a time yet?

Idaho Stoker Family said...

All right. I totally agree! I love your camera and your amazing picture taking abilities :) your kids are sure dang cute!

Sina said...

Did I mention that I love Halle! She is such a good time - always with the jokes and the drama! I love your sense of humor Sharese. Thanks for helping me remember to laugh at all the things that happen in life - whether they're funny or not!!

Lydia said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!

Unknown said...

aw. u guys r so cute. especially little meatball and halle's bows in her hair. love them!!