Monday, June 15, 2009

today.

today.
it was a good day.  i decided it was going to be a "no-raise-my-voice-at-the-kids" day.  started with an early morning run, drop emma off to basketball camp, swim lessons and then home for lunch.  an afternoon full of watergun fights, dirty feet stomping in/out of house, spontaneous baseball games with the neighbors, a lemonade/free water stand in our front yard (complete with real cups from the cupboard), with lots of sweaty boys for customers.  some yardwork mixed in with a 14-month old tottering around.  homemade cinnamon rolls to share with neighbors.  late baths, late bedtimes, happy kids.  messy house.  perfect summer day.  
Photobucket
as i watched my kids playing outside today, being silly, trying to convince people to stop and drink some free water from an old water cooler, i thought that this is how it should be.  these are the days they will remember.  my house will be clean and organized another day, the projects can wait.  i think i will keep my i-mean-business-mom voice on the shelf for a while so my nice-answer-the-phone-voice can get some needed practice. 
Photobucket

10 comments:

La said...

I love those days.

Amy Eagleston said...

What an awesome day. I ended up taking Erika's advice and bought a bag of Doritos (I am pretty sure it is the first bag of Doritos I have ever purchased in my life) and rented a Red Box movie. George and I curled up on the couch during Charlie's nap (no poop thankfully) with our loot and it was a good day. BTW, your pics look great. I love days when I take lots of pics of my boys!

Nicole said...

Ha ha ha! Nice-answer-the-phone voice....now THAT is hilarious. And I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Ashley said...

I need a day like that!

510Jen said...

I am very impressed with your new photo skills and large pictures! You go girl. You have got talent.

New camera?

Savage said...

Will you remind me of this great advice every day?

Amy F. said...

That sounds like how a lot of my days are. Either my house is clean, or my kids get a fun mom. There is not time to have a clean house AND spend quality time with the kids when you have so many little ones!!

Sina said...

Sounds good to me Sharese!!

Brett and Amy said...

Hopefully we'll have some of those great days. We certainly have the dirty house thing going. Now we just need a lemonade stand, some apple pie, and the cast of "Sandlot". Hope you have more days like that one.

Kirsten Brockner said...

You're a good mom