Saturday, September 5, 2009

{five}

Turning five is not something to let pass by without much celebrating.
And celebrate we did!
Halle turned five last week and we have been partying all week long.Photobucket
Photobucket
We had a family party on her birthday with cousins, cake, and lots of fun presents.
Then, she had a "tiny" party with a few friends from our neighborhood. Read more here.

Some things worth recording about her are:
*she makes friends very easily, young or old, girl or boy, human or animal. She is not picky, which is endearing and frightening altogether.
*her face is a magnet for injury. She has already gotten stitched up several times and been bitten by a dog (who spurned her social advances) Each injury is immediately followed by her father exclaiming......"Well, there goes her modeling career!"
*she has lots of funny sayings and pronunciations. One of her recent good ones was after returning from the landscaping store, she looked in the back of our car and said, "Holy Gosh.......that's a LOT of mulch!"
*she LOVES Taylor Swift, riding her bike, anything purple, playing with her food, Polly Pockets, getting the mail, being "fashion" (a verb to her), mowing the lawn with her dad, the ice cream truck, digging for worms, snack bars, twirling, her brothers and sister, and being the center of attention.
*she doesn't know the difference between "real" American Girl dolls......and the ones from Tar-jay. That is a good thing.
*she wears her heart on her sleeve, is imaginative and enthusiastic, trips over her own feet, bites her nails, and makes us laugh every day.

Five is such a great age.

5 comments:

Savage said...

I honestly thought, when I saw your title (five) it was an announcement! She is so dang cute and once again, your skills to make anything awesome (like the birthday cake) never stop amazing me!

Ashley said...

I love Halle she is so cute she makes me laugh every time I see her!

Brett and Amy said...

Oh, I love that Halle! Give her a big squeeze from me. Oh, and I love your cake -it's so happy!

Reese said...

**NEWSFLASH**
Friends.....I did not make the cake. I cannot claim cake-making as a talent or desire of mine. Thanks for thinking I did though, I am super flattered! Wal-Mart came through this time around for us.

way outnumbered said...

Thanks for the kind comments on my 70-300 post on TexasChicks! I can definitely see you've put your big lens to use with all your sports! I love your quote too that's in your header. I used that in a coach's book I made last spring...very fitting!