This milestone took us all by surprise. Our third, and not overly coordinated child, went from four to two wheels last week. While teaching the first two was extremely painful and arduous, this time around was a piece of cake. Partly due to our chronic procrastination of fixing her wobbly training wheels, she figured out all by herself how to balance. Travis removed the non-functioning wheels and then she was off......no lingering backaches involved.
There have been a few wrecks, for sure. But, mostly due to her overconfidence and complete disregard for curbs or caution. She is overflowing with pride and now triumphantly rides around our cul-de-sac with two fingers held high in the air exclaiming, "Two Wheels!!", to all who care to glance her way.
Three down for this milestone, and one to go.
And speaking of our little caboose.........I don't normally make it a practice to let my kids wear things with writing on their backsides BUT, I had to make an exception in this instance.



6 comments:
I am going to call you soon. By the way I secretly taught Halle how to ride a bike ok maybe not, but Eli is so adorable its ridiculous. I approve of the shorts.
Two wheelers rock! Go Halle! And Eli, is the cutest. I think him and Brauer would be pals.
That is incredibly impressive. Go Halle!
Thanks again for the new blog address. I'm officially caught up with your adorable little family.
Congrats Halle! She is awesome. We are a very long way away from that milestone...Maybe I'll go loosen George's training wheels and see what happens :)
wow, halle, i am impressed! kylie is dying to learn, but WAY too timid. it took her almost a month to trust the training wheels.
{and thanks for the compliments on my blog - i did do it myself :) }
Genial! (I think that must mean super, or great, becuase it's written on the top of Gavin's school papers) -where's that spanish dictionary...sorry if it means something explicit, I just wanted to say way to go! I love the two fingers in the air. That girl has personality.
Post a Comment