Monday, September 28, 2009

No School + Rainy Day =


Last Friday my kids had the day off of school.
We had plans to go and do something fun.
Something out of the house.
Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate with our plans.

By 11:00 a.m. the kids had:

accomplished 1/16th of their chores
dressed up 678 times
listened to every Taylor Swift song ever written
cut scrap paper into 2,958 tiny pieces
played "paper toss" on my phone 219 times
Photobucket

By 11:00 a.m. I had:

vacuumed the kitchen 7 times
explained and re-explained room cleanliness expectations
said 49 silent prayers for more patience

I think school is good for all parties involved.

We got out of the house later in the afternoon and hit up the
Halloween Express store for some costume inspiration.

Photobucket
Probably a bad idea on my part, since they all are pondering multiple
costume ideas now. I was dees close to cementing the idea of being a NERD
in my girls' heads. (easy, right?) Now, I am just trying to act casual and hope they forget
about elaborate Star Wars characters, scary masks, or princess dresses. Reverse psychology
will save me this Halloween, I hope.








4 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

Sounds like a pretty normal day. Got to love it.

Sina said...

I love you - have I told you that before. I love your sense of humor - you can always make me laugh.

Brett and Amy said...

Not a girly girl? Emma looks like she's pretty well rounded. Tough on the field, but still able to get in touch with her sparkly side. Addie would probably cover her head and run when confronted by tough "futbolers", but because of all the brothers she can't bring herself to wear sequins either. We're still trying to find her nitch.

Lydia said...

I love it when the cutest little girls put on massively scary masks. Anna and I were in the store the other day, and she tapped on my leg to look at her. She had the most gruesome mask on her face that truly was scary. It made me laugh so hard.

Sounds like quite the exciting day for you. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one in this world that says a gazillion prayers for patience, especially after my house gets destroyed within minutes.