After the baseball season offically ended, I made a video with all of the pictures and video we had taken all year as a gift to our parents at the team party. The original is over 30 minutes long, but this is a portion of the highlights. Its funny, at the beginning of the season I didn't have any idea how I was going to make it through this many games. By the last game, I didn't want it to end. We put in some serious time at the fields with these kids, their parents, and their siblings and we really became one big family. It has been a hard adjustment period as we try to figure out what to do with ourselves now that we have no excuses not to do yardwork or laundry. Also, we need to get back into our non-baseball friends' good graces since we pretty much deserted everyone and everything for the past few months. This team really had a remarkable season and I was proud to be a part of it. So, enjoy a little taste of what we did all summer (pay extra attention to the clip at the end where Jordan makes the final catch and Travis runs out and picks him up, it brings tears to my eyes every time I see it).....someday I will put up the rest, after I finish all my chores.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
That is awesome!
What a fun summer. Your kids have awesome parents. Those will be special memories for dad and son.
K. That made me cry too. Very cool video. Congrats to all of you!
Uh Sharese you have some mad skills that you are going to be passing down to me someday. That video was awesome. That part with Jordan was way cool!
Know what I love about moms? Whatever their kids are into is what THEY are into. Way to go on that video. Very cool!
Your kids are so lucky to have you document this amazing summer like this. It was so fun to watch. My girls are into playing baseball this summer (recreationally) and watched The Sandlot WAY too many times. They feel cooler just knowing that I know someones kids who are so amazing at it. :) What a lot of work and travel, but great memories!
Some good times! Great job on the pics and movie. It was an emotional start just seeing the pics of the gear. I'm gonna need some extra credit for watching the 27 minute version. My computer would reload the next section every two seconds, so it would stop for a bit, load and resume (lame-O internet). That's how much I love you and your movie. I'm going to have to check out the full length version sometime, just not with this internet. Maybe when you're sharing your mad movie skills with me.
There is some great action shots. It is amazing how young these boys are and how goo they are! Looks like a fun family thing to do too!
I heart your new header. Sharese _______, you are getting to be quite talented in a multitude of ways.
So awesome! You are talented at that video thing. I love baseball :)
Post a Comment