Saturday, October 3, 2009

soccer saturday

You know how some kids are just meant to do certain things? Well, my second child, Emma, was meant to play soccer, basketball and who knows what else, and to start a dog walking business (more on that later). She isn't much of a girly-girl nor does she place much value on girlish charms or keeping up appearances. Sometimes it drives me crazy that she doesn't care about such things. Other times, I am grateful beyond measure.
Photobucket
Because of religious reasons, none of our kids play games on Sundays. Where we live, the majority of games are played on Sundays so it makes things difficult when we would love to be there to play. This year, Em will play in 3 games.....unless her prayers for thunderstorms on the Sabbath are answered and we get lucky with a reschedule.
Photobucket
Today was one of those games that she got to play. It was fun to watch such tough girls battling it out on the field.
Photobucket
I believe she was "nodding her head like, yeah" with this move.
Photobucket
After her game, we headed straight to Jordan's fall league basketball game. I quickly realized that I have no idea how to take indoor action shots. Can anyone give me any advice on that?? All I got was a bunch of blurriness that wasn't worth posting.
Now to catch up on Conference.........

7 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

Those pics are awesome. What camera/lens/setting did you use? I always shoot on priority aperture when I shoot indoors but I have never had to take action shots indoors and I don't know if that would work.

La said...

I think Em is your first daughter. :) But I think she is an all-star athlete. Great pictures!!!

Ashley said...

Yay a girl after my own heart. She looks so tough I sure wouldn't want to go up against her.

Reese said...

Okay, really?? Is nobody going to comment on my annoying Miley Cyrus reference?

Brett and Amy said...

...movin' my hips like yeah... speaking of annoying, thanks. Gotta try to get it out of my head now. Better go listen to Hoedown Throwdown. Hee!

Lydia said...

That is one cool chick. Those are quite the intimidating expressions on the field!

way outnumbered said...

We must be neighbors!
Thanks for visiting my blog earlier...I thought I'd check out yours then realized I've been on here before. Then I recognized a very familiar soccer uniform - all 3 of my boys play for Cinci United! How funny to find someone in my own back yard with all of the internet out there:)

As far as indoor, it's really tough!! You need to crank the ISO as high as your camera can and set your aperture as wide as possible. You really need a big flash or a camera that goes above 1600 to get good ones. I'll keep in touch!