Last week, Em and I had some epic
battles over her clothing choices for school.
She is not a morning person and it is
challenging to get her out the door
fed, groomed, and with clean-smelling
breath.....let alone adding in a differing
of opinion on her attire.
There was one day we had words over a
particular outfit that she absolutely positively
refused to wear. I felt bad all day and probably
should have gone to the school and apologized
to her, and brought a less offensive
outfit for her to change into. You know, one
without any tags from Gymboree??
Anyhow, she walked in the door from school
and handed me this contract. And right then, I caved.
Sadly, the time has come to let her pick out her own
clothes. While this is a difficult moment for me, I relish
in the fact that at least I can control what she has in her
closet......even if I can't control how it is put together.
(I have a thing for sweater vests-- as anyone who knew me in
high school or college can readily attest to.)
So, our agreement is this:
She will pick out her own things to wear, within reason,
and will be more respectful to me. If not, she
will be wearing a sweater-vest (hand-picked by me)
to school the next day. Not a form of discipline
I ever planned on using but one that
is working quite well to curb her 2nd grade
sassiness.
(me, circa 1980-something, in utah......trend-setting hairstyle capital of the world)
After all, I really couldn't have expected all four of
my children to inherit my fashionable genes.



8 comments:
Oh my gosh that is hilarious, no sweater vests for Emma
LOL. Seriously. LOL. How many sweater vests did we have? It was a lot. I remember hanging them all up by each other and counting them. Is that a real memory? Did we really do that? I love Em's contract. Seriously, one of the best things ever. Classic.
That is rock'n hair!
I think Emma and Hannah got mixed up. My kids have picking out their own clothes since they could get them on (within reason) and Hannah is such the fashion dive. We ALL know by my extensive collection of t-shirts (short for summer, long for winter) and jeans that I could care less! I think Hannah longs for a mother like you! :) (At least one that could make her hair cute. I think I was meant to have all boys!)
I cannot contain my laughter - probably because this photo brings back memories of my amazing hair choices. I love it.
"It's ruff being cute". I love her detailed pics, there's no mistaking now what articles lay withing the contract. Adios, argyle socks. I love it. Brett and I laughed and laughed. And then we got to your hair, and it just kept getting better and better. There aren't too many posts I call Brett over to check out. But this was some funny stuff.
Tyler says you look like a poodle. Maybe it will come back into style some day.
Oh my heck that is hilarious. What a little personality she is. Oh and the memories of the hair, the shirt, even the necklace and the braces. It really took me back. How fun was our life.
Post a Comment