So, in ten years or so, when I am telling some
nice young mother how much I miss the days when my kids were small,
could someone refer me back to these photos??
I really don't think I am going to forget about how
my floor had plenty of traction, what with all the spilled
sticky juice, food, and the delay in good cleanings.
But, I probably will miss these plump little fingers, trying to
help clean up all the messes, right? I used to subscribe to the idea that
if I wanted something done right, I would just have to do it myself.
That method worked fine with a couple of kids but not so much now. I
really don't have time to get to every last corner and smudge in our house.
Sadly, I am not terribly bothered by that. I just relish in the fact that
no guests of ours will ever have to worry about taking a fall upon
slippery, so-clean-you-could-eat-off-them, floors.
No danger here of that.
Give me ten years....and this house will be immaculate.
And, I will be able to put my feet up and work on my tan
on the sidelines of my kids' games. And I will be able to
do whatever I want to do while the kids are at school. I will
be training for half-marathons, reading biographies,
and taking a shower e-v-e-r-y- s-i-n-g-l-e day.
It will be the land of milk and honey.
And, no one better tell me anything different.


3 comments:
amen!
Please in ten years you better not be reading biographies then I will have to make fun of you! I am so comforted to know that I won't slip on your floors!
Yes, Yes, Yes - I will not tell you anything different. I will only agree and second the motion!!!
Post a Comment