Wednesday, February 17, 2010

ocho!!

....sorry, that was the least cheesy title I came up with.

So, Emma turned eight at the beginning of the month.  I have
to say that this birthday of hers really snuck up on me.  We really tried
to make a big deal out of things this year and I think she had a 
wonderful day.  She was lucky to be able to get baptized on her actual
birthday as well as having plenty of family and friends there to 
support and celebrate with her.

I wanted her to pay attention to her baptism as the most important
part of the day. And it was fun to add in a special dress, special 
jewelry, and her own set of scriptures.

After her baptism, we headed back to our house for a get-together
with family.  I had to include these photos because of the typical story
that goes along with them.  You can't see him in the pictures, but if you
look how the smoke is blowing slightly to the left and also how the flames
have gone out before she had a chance to blow them out, you should be able
to guess that her pesky big brother decided to steal some of the spotlight at that
moment.  After banishing him from the area, she got another chance to
make her wish, albeit with tear-stained cheeks.


Here are some recent pictures of Em at her happiest and doing
some of her favorite things.  She loves sausage and pancakes for breakfast,
loves playing outside in the snow;  loves basketball, her siblings (on
occasion), and her pets.  And these puppy cake pops were a must
to share with her classmates at school.

Her love of webkinz really deserves it's own post.  These are
some of her most favorite ones.  She has built up quite a collection
over the past few years.  She always has a few in her bed to sleep
with and at least one makes it into her backpack every day as well.

This is Emma's newfound love.  She got a guitar for Christmas and
we asked a girl from church who is a senior in high school
to come and give her lessons.  She is in heaven.  I just have
my fingers crossed that she isn't tone-deaf like me.

I feel so lucky to have this special girl as my daughter.  She
is headstrong, independent, tough, and stubborn.....just like
her parents....but, also creative, sensitive, helpful,
and fun to be around.  Sometimes I wish there was more
of me to go around so I could cater more to her needs and talents.
I suppose that is the desire of all parents with more than one
child.  Luckily, she will also learn the virtue of patience
and independence by not being catered to.......I hope!






4 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

What a pretty little girl.

p.s. I would love it if you could come visit me some day. I am still crossing my fingers that I'll some day get a client in your neck of the woods.

Raw Redskins said...

Gosh I can't believe how much she looks like you! I wish I could have been there for her birthday or anything now that I think about it. I miss you guys!

Kirsten Brockner said...

Cute pics! very impressed with the cake pops!

510Jen said...

I think her and Amaya would really get along. Her baptism looks like it went well. Guitar? I love it. Did she ever take piano or straight to the strings. I am trying to figure out what to do with COllin.