Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What I got for Mother's Day

My girls were so excited to bring me breakfast in bed on Mother's Day.  I was woken up to the sound of dishes clanging together downstairs in the kitchen and tried not to dread the clean-up of my surprise.  They showed up at my bedside clad in white collared shirts, bow-ties (from Eli's closet), and crisp white napkins folded over their left arms.  I was served one toaster waffle, five blackberries neatly arranged in a circle, and a pitcher of orange juice, all on a silver platter.  


It made me laugh so hard to see them dressed up like waiters that I didn't even mind when half of the orange juice was poured down the side of my bed onto the freshly washed sheets. 

Jordan's baseball team played in a big tournament just down the street from our house so we decided to drive down to the park to be with our "baseball family" as they accepted the Championship trophy.  It is always tough for him to not be there to play at any of the Sunday games so since it was close by, he was able to participate in the awards ceremony.  I have to give props to all the moms who spent all-day Saturday and then all-day Sunday, to watch their boys play.  Definitely a sign of dedicated moms, to cheer on their sons when they should be getting a pedicure or being pampered by their families.  Travis and Jordan handed me the trophy as my "Mother's Day gift".......I think he is trying to outdo his 2008 surprise of a nursing bra.   

As for Eli, he went from this........

.....to this after he raided the dugout while everyone was accepting their medals and trophies.  Gotta love the Clorox at times like this.
I probably won't be posting a whole lot of baseball stuff here, devastating....I know.  I started another blog to document our season, check out the link on my sidebar if you ever want to know what is going on with our team.

I didn't have a picture of Halle in her server's outfit so I am just posting this random one from
the Red's Opening Day game this year.  I meant to post something about it but my good intentions are apparently not enough to stay caught up around here.  

I am grateful for all the great moms in my life and very thankful to be the mom to these four kids.  I can't imagine doing anything else!



3 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

Love the pics of Emma in her waiter outfit. For some reason it so reminds me of something you would do.

Lydia said...

Could you kids be any cuter? Seriously, that waiter outfit...so unbelievably cute!

Lydia said...

I just read your comment on my blog and wanted to let you know how nice it was to read your take on going from two to three kids. It's been very challenging, and I haven't even come close to keeping it together. I'm sure it will click one of these days...at least for the sake of all my family, I hope it does :-)