Monday, May 17, 2010

Viva Idaho!

I am doing a little catching up on things I meant to blog about for the last couple of months.  My parents and youngest sister, Natalie, drove out to visit us over spring break........from Idaho.  Just a mere 24 hour drive from here to there but that isn't all the driving they did.  Also on the agenda was a quick stopover in Minnesota to see my brother, Josh, who is doing his first year of residency at the Mayo Clinic.  Someday I hope to have their stamina for driving long distances.  As it is, I can barely make it across town without getting sleepy-eyed.  
It was great to have my parents and sister here since I don't get to see them all that often these days.  Also, they have a permanent case of "can't-sit-still-itis" so they always end up helping with projects around the house or entertaining the kids for hours on end.  


My dad even celebrated his birthday while they were here and so we had to make his favorite:  German Chocolate Cake with coconut pecan frosting.  I remember growing up that none of us would touch his birthday cake............probably just the way he liked it.  

They walked the dog (and the kids) every day they were here and then played with them at the neighborhood park for long stretches of time.  It was great.  And may I say, that I hope to be able to wear spandex when I am in my fifties??  Go Mom.  

We also took a trip up to Dayton to visit the Air and Space Museum.  It was very cool.  There were planes from every era and my kids had a great time checking them all out.

Don't they look like they are having an absolute blast?  Eli had a hard time understanding the need for barriers and needed to get up close and personal with the aircraft.

Luckily there were a few places he could climb around and exhaust his curiosity.  

On their way out of town, they stopped in for a glimpse of some Final Four action in Indy.  

Natalie tried to teach Emma how to pose for her future facebook profile picture.  I think she may need a little more practice...........lucky for her, she has many years before she needs to worry about that.  

It was a great visit and I wish it could happen more often.  Thank you parents for driving across the country to visit us (and makeover my garage and for bringing hundreds of pounds of wheat, powdered milk, and home-canned goods!)  My garage shelving and food storage are the envy of the neighborhood, I'm sure.  






4 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

Idaho or bust ba-be. Loved seeing these pics of your parents and little sis.

Amy F. said...

Your Dad looks familiar, but I don't remember if I ever met your mom. Your parents are so young looking! You Mom is beautiful. It's always nice to have family visit. :)

Brett and Amy said...

I can't even pull off spandex at 32! Way to go Sharese's mom. I love your little astronaut. And you're not only the food storage envy of the neighborhood, but your stores are now internationally coveted.

Lydia said...

It's always great to see pictures of your parents. I wish I had known they were here in Rochester, I would have said hello. I still feel horrible that I never had Josh over again. My pregnancy pretty much put a hold on anything social.

Very cute pictures, Sharese. Your little astronaut is, oh, so cute.