Friday, June 25, 2010

a few things

It has been really really hot here this week.  Like so hot you feel like you are melting when you go outside.  I am not a big pool lover and we haven't gone a whole lot this year up until now.  Although, I admit it has more to do with my own swimsuit insecurities than anything else.  For my kids' sake, I am trying to get over myself and so this week we have been swimming on a near-daily basis.  And when we aren't swimming, they set up the sprinkler out front and have a blast.



This is Eli's first time floating around unassisted.  He was so happy to be free.......and I was pretty happy to be watching from the side of the pool.  Because, if you think like me, you know that in certain controlled positions you can look pretty okay.  It is just the moving about, bending over, forgetting to keep yourself sucked in, that causes things to get a little iffy.  And if you don't think like that.......you probably haven't had 4 kids or you have been far more anatomically blessed than I am!

I was practicing a little sun-flare....but I have not a clue what I am doing.....


Love that little bum.

Freak.  No mail again today?  I need letters, people!

It is a good thing he is so comfortable with his masculinity......because his sisters try to take him down a few notches on a daily basis with polly pocket playtime or princess scooters.

Travis and Jordan have been gone for a week at a big baseball tournament in Cooperstown, NY.  They are due to arrive home in a couple of hours and we can't wait!  Their team did fantastic and I will be posting about it soon...



4 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

I love hanging out by the pool in the summer. I just wish I had one in my back yard because I feel the same way about swimsuits and it seems that all the other moms have had boob jobs and tummy tucks.

Amy F. said...

We went to the pool today too! The kids love it! I can relate to the body insecurity, but it's not so bad since I'm pregnant. I'm allowed to have a little extra fat on me. :) Next summer will be crunches.

Lydia said...

I hear ya with those swimsuits. I was horrified after this last baby when I discovered back fat and wings that used to be triceps. Although, I felt much better when I went to the beach here in FL and saw a lot of people who couldn't have cared less about their not-so-great bodies. Nobody cares, and I love it! It's hot here, too. We moved last Monday to Jacksonville, and I've been melting ever since.

Cute pictures, by the way. Have I ever told you what a great photographer you are? That little Eli...so adorable.

Brett and Amy said...

Definately glad to have a pool in the back yard. Running in slow motion whilst flexing just doesn't work when your kid falls in without the floaties. Love Eli's crack pic, okay, all of them.