Do you remember the very first time you picked up a Tiger Beat magazine? Luckily, I was able to capture Em's first exposure to the world of teen celebrity news. One of her friends brought this to a recent baseball game and after a longer than normal period of no questions or snack bar requests, I found her huddled in a corner poring over each and every juicy tidbit. I was in a quandry as to what to do......should I yank it out of her hands and protect her innocence? Or laugh in remembrance of my own pre-teen days of NKOTB, Debbie Gibson, and Milli Vanilli plastered all over my walls.... I did the latter. She read to her heart's content about the daily happenings of Justin Beiber, Taylor Swift, and Miley Cyrus. We are at a weird place with our older two, they have been thus far very sheltered and it is time to start loosening the reins a bit. Painful, but necessary so they can start to learn a little more independence and start figuring out how to make good choices in this crazy world of ours. Any advice??
Friday, July 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
No advice but I must say that I recall with fondness those mags. My friend Erika had long blond hair like the Nelson twins and we convinced Darci that she was one of them. I had a collage on my bedroom door of tiny pictures I had cut from my mags.
I'm not the greatest at giving at advice, but I couldn't agree with more with your attitude.
I love this picture of Emma. It took me back to the good ol' days of my love for Tiger Beat. I had a mad crush on just about every guy who covered the magazine.
By the way, I'm loving your sidebar slideshow. I just noticed it for the first time.
I leave the advice to those who have kids who have made it through the teenage years successfully! My two oldest (9 and 11) are already starting to have crushes on boys and love romantic movies. I'm going to have 3 teenage girls at the same time! I could use some advice myself! It looks like you have pretty good kids already, so you're off to a good start! Thanks for your comment on my blog! I love hearing from you!
Definately no advice here. Do you have your own subscription to Tiger Beat already? I'm impressed with your celebrity knowledge. Who's Justin Beiber? Hopefully I'm not embarassing myself by asking, if so, I claim foreign ignorance.
Sharese... I am pretty sure I completely missed this stage of life, cause I'm pretty sure I never got a magazine like that! Haha maybe I can come read it with Emma? I'm still a teenager yeah?
Post a Comment