Monday, June 21, 2010

keeping the romance alive

Nice title, eh?  Fortunately for you, there isn't anything terribly juicy in this post.  I have never been a big texter......I usually just end up calling the person after a couple of exchanges.  Must be my lack of thumb-dexterity, I suppose.  Well, a while back Travis started sending me cell-phone pictures of the places he was and I actually hopped on the bandwagon and started sending some back.  Revolutionary, I know.  I am sure you all have been doing this for years but since we are always going in different directions, it seems to help keep each other in the loop on what the other is doing.  

He sent me hour by hour pictures while I was on my trip to Spain last month.  It got me through to know the kids were alive and well.  Here are a few of my favorites:

Eli, asleep on the floor amongst his toys.  Love the diapers in the background.


......right before bedtime


......watching soccer practice


Emma, with her timeline project finally done at midnight.  I am sure she didn't learn the art of procrastination from me.  

Here are a few I have sent to him lately:

I tell the kids they can get our dog a treat for his birthday......had to get the biggest one they had.


nap-time


I sent this one early this morning to prove my peaceful slumber was interrupted by this little hooligan.

Trav sent me these today.  He and Jordan are with the rest of the team in Cooperstown, NY for an amazing baseball tournament.  I didn't go because as coach, he has to stay in the dorms with the team so the other kids and I would be on our own for the week at a different place.  Maybe next time.   But, I love getting updates and seeing what they are doing.  




So there you have it.  Just one of the ways we try to keep the fire alive.  (by sending goofy pictures of our kids to each other......hot, huh??)  Whatever works, right?

2 comments:

La said...

Super hott! But seriously.

Brett and Amy said...

Not sure if you can really tell Eli's alive or well in the first pic. May have passed out from the dirty diaper pile. I love how everyone survives happily, but in a much different way then when mom is in charge. Love Emma and her dinosaur bone.