I remember when jelly bracelets were all the rage in 5th grade. I collected them and wore them all at the same time. I was super cool! Glad to know that some things never change. Also, I am a HUGE believer in bribery. It is my primary parenting tool!
I was all about the jelly bracelets, and I think I would have given my right kidney for the cute jelly shoes that matched. Now that I think about it, I think I finally got them after I boosted my grade in Reading.
My house was looking awesome for about a week. All of the kids would come running to me inquiring, "Mom, what job can I do for a silly band?" Laundry room, bathrooms, bedrooms, you name it. They did it. I even had one mow the lawn for them instead of receiving cold hard cash! Now, why can't I come up with a product with such allure for children?!?
Thanks for sending the silly bands! They were a big hit, though I don't think they carry the same status here yet. We will definately be the trend setters.
We are a family of six (plus one rowdy dog and near-dead guinea pig). This is my attempt to document the ups and downs as we try to raise our children to be come responsible, moral, upstanding, athletic citizens. Miracles happen, right? We are religious. We try to do good. We live for sidelines/bleachers/stadium seating.......really, anything that involves sports will do. Oh, and we like to win! Please remember that this is a blog and I would rather record the good stuff than every tantrum or unflattering photo that comes our way.
4 comments:
I remember when jelly bracelets were all the rage in 5th grade. I collected them and wore them all at the same time. I was super cool! Glad to know that some things never change. Also, I am a HUGE believer in bribery. It is my primary parenting tool!
I was all about the jelly bracelets, and I think I would have given my right kidney for the cute jelly shoes that matched. Now that I think about it, I think I finally got them after I boosted my grade in Reading.
My house was looking awesome for about a week. All of the kids would come running to me inquiring, "Mom, what job can I do for a silly band?" Laundry room, bathrooms, bedrooms, you name it. They did it. I even had one mow the lawn for them instead of receiving cold hard cash! Now, why can't I come up with a product with such allure for children?!?
Thanks for sending the silly bands! They were a big hit, though I don't think they carry the same status here yet. We will definately be the trend setters.
Post a Comment