This year we have had an abundance of wild creatures who have paid visits to our back yard. We have had the usual deer, rabbits, hawks, and squirrels. Honorable mention goes to the large skunk that has been wandering around for the past couple of months. Our dog was an unfortunate victim to it's aromatic spray. Not a fun thing. He was an outcast for several weeks and we still catch a strong whiff here and there. Luckily it wasn't one of our children, as they would have enjoyed an extended campout until the smell went away.
This past week we cleared out all the weeds under our deck and found several slimy critters who had
been making their homes amongst the three-foot high weeds.
My kids have no degree of healthy fear when it comes to animals. Seconds after taking this photo, Eli grabbed a hold of "Jake the snake" and ran a few laps around our kitchen before any of us could snatch it away.
We rescued this turtle from being roadkill earlier today.....not sure if our house full of eager amateur biologists was a much better place than the busy street.
He was quickly introduced to some potential friends.
They were performing circus worthy tricks in no time.
Kiss-kiss. And yes, Halle got in on some of the action as well.....in the essence of keeping things clean around here, I will keep those for private viewing.




5 comments:
Can my kids come over to play?? They LOVE reptiles!
How can you make those slimy creatures look so cute in the photos? Maybe it's the adorable kids in the background. I love the story of Eli running around with the snake. I would've been screaming my guts out. I'm very impressed with your kids' no-fear attitude. Very impressed.
Our kids would be buddies.
Aaaaa....running around your kitchen with Jake the Snake!! That has my insides all in a knot. I think I would have been hysterical. I love that your kids have no fear - makes for some great summer fun!
I love these pictures. Halle is awesome! Girlie-girl but not above getting her hands (and lips)dirty. Props going out to Eli. I can just picture him running around with the squirmy snake and a frenzy of followers to rescue. I wish I had video skype so I could see the good times going on over there.
Post a Comment