So, here is a little taste of the baseball portion of our trip.....Jordan's team qualified for the AABC Willie Mays 10U World Series in Puerto Rico and scored an all-expenses paid trip down there to play. We tagged along and called it our "family vacation" for the summer. It was quite the experience to watch the boys play in such a crazy atmosphere. Just imagine our set of 10-15 fans cheering on our team in contrast to pretty much the entire town rooting for the home team. There were musical instruments, lots of dancing, horns, sound effects, and a whole lot of salsa music. I am pretty sure they played the two songs that are in this video about 200 times while we were there. Our team did great but sadly found out that in the end, when playing PR in PR, you have to beat their team AND their umpires/crowds/announcers. It was a tall order and they came oh so close....no matter what, it was a great experience for all of us and one we will not soon forget. Hopefully the video will play without stopping too much, you may want to let it load first. And, all the dancing that Halle did was just the tip of the iceberg. As soon as the music came on, she was moving......kind of Night at the Roxbury-ish....she couldn't help herself. Even had some coins tossed her way from a few Puerto Rican fans. I am working on teaching her a few new moves to complement her shimmying....she had a hard time leaving, as she could totally hang with the party scene.
I do have some more pics from the non-baseball portion of our trip, we did manage to hit the pool/beach/and even did a little site-seeing.....coming soon.
5 comments:
That is so very cool! I love it! And we should get Halle and George together and watch them dance :)
Halle is a crack up!! She's got some great moves! Your family has so many sports adventures-what lucky kids. Jesse and I went to Puerto Rico when we were first married. It was a more romantic version than your trip probably. :)
Halle rocks. I think she kinda stole the show? So there was baseball, too? :)
Haha I love Halle! this makes my day. Definitely think I need to come on one of these baseball trips since I've missed all of them! Next time around...:)
Halle must get her sweet moves from somewhere. Have you been holding out on me? Oh, to be a fly on the wall whilst you give Halle her dance instruction. Looks like some good times.
Post a Comment