So, I have kind of fallen off the blogging bandwagon the last few months. Sometimes I actually feel like I have most things under control around here. And, then every few months it seems like a giant tsunami hits and I have to merely focus on survival and give up all the little extra things that distract me from keeping the family going. Does anyone else feel that way?? Lately it was the holidays, Eli not napping (seriously cramping my style), Travis working from home, sports/church/laundry/parties/extracurriculars/baking, etc etc.... And, although we have been busy busy busy, I have to say that we had a wonderful December and I think I took all of about 10 pictures the whole month.......which is just fine by me because I was trying to make an effort to live in the moment rather than worry about making everything photo-worthy. At some point I may try to catch up on all the happenings but it will most likely be shoved into the archives for record keeping purposes. I will leave with a recent photo of Eli doing what he does best during the day if I leave him unsupervised......
This picture is for my friend Mindy (and all those who have ever owned a set of perler beads, which are fantastic for keeping kids busy but they always always end up all over the floor) She gave us a huge set of them years ago and I swear, no matter how many I vacuum up or throw away, they just keep multiplying and never go away! I think she just wanted us to have something to remember her by, long after she moved away....
So, I am hoping that the latest storm has passed us by for a little while and that I can get back to posting a bit more frequently. I also want to share my New Year's resolutions, because if I don't share them, they will be a lot easier to break! I have decided to set a goal in the spiritual, physical, and temporal areas of my life.
Spiritual: Read the scriptures every single day.
Physical: No desserts/sweets (at least until my birthday) After one week, the tremors have gotten slightly better from chocolate withdrawals......this is a hard one!
Temporal: Learn something new and complete a project each month using my newfound skills. I have a lot in mind for this one. Excited to do some re-decorating, learning more about photoshop/graphic design/photography, finance, and home organization to name a few.
I may be a bore as I share my progress but hopefully it will help me stay motivated.

4 comments:
Oh, perler beads. I am pretty sure every mom has a love/hate relationship with them. Lara's Zane put one in his ear and had to have it surgically removed. My kids, traumatized by Zane's experience, haven't stuck them in their orifices but we have had plenty of spills.
I hate those beads.
Was checking out your blog-- you're a great photographer!! Thanks for the peek.
Eli looks so old in that picture! I'll be rootin' for you with your goals. I didn't make any official resolutions this year (no use disappointing myself) so I'll just cheer you on and be very impressed if you make it to your birthday without any sweets. Good luck!
Post a Comment