We are smack in the middle of basketball season around here. At the moment, Jordan and Emma are both playing on teams and both practicing 2x a week. Along with gymnastics, scouts, baseball, Halle's activities(more on that later), church stuff, homework, etc......our evenings are quite complicated. Em is having a great year. She is my child who is hesitant in new situations and she has to feel comfortable in her surroundings to really shine. We really lucked out this year with a super coach. He is loud and very enthusiastic about the game and Emma is thriving and really gaining a lot of confidence in her abilities. Travis is assistant coach which is great because he really has problems functioning as a mere spectator:)
I don't bring my camera to the games much because the gyms are always so dark and it is hard to get a good shot.....and also the younger two are usually jumping off the bleachers, running on the court, or causing trouble at the snack bar. Here are a few from last week:
Em is always very serious during her games.....she won't crack a smile or change from this expression. She got hurt in one of her games and didn't even react until the game was over and we were driving home and the tears were unleashed in the backseat. Funny, because Jordan wears his heart on his sleeve when he plays and she is completely opposite.
Here are a few clips of her in action....she is the point guard, #5

3 comments:
Awesome! I hope that Syd will be in to sports as Em...way to go!PS Thanks for your Christmas card, it meant so much to me for Christmas I had two cards on my fridge the becks and jensens (and my guards going ga ga over you ladies (sick) Every one elses cards came after Christmas, but hey I am just glad people thought of us.thanks!
You are a super mom. Seriously. I can't believe how much running around you do. You are so supportive.
Tell me that is not what the US holds in store for us. Sports seem to be so much more relaxed here (at least the little kids). I was really looking forward to less stressful evenings now that they would be out of school earlier. Though I have to say the "Travis" approach seems to be paying off quite nicely. Emma has got some skills! What is it, 50 free thows and 20 minutes of suicides before dinner?
Post a Comment